Saturday, August 09, 2008

Last night was my first time back on the ice since I decided to give my injured leg a rest. I think it had been two weeks since I had played hockey. I felt really slow and fatigued. I didn't expect much from myself. And then I realized that the other team had a really awful goalie and I began to throw the puck at the net as often as I could. I came away with 3 goals and 2 assists. Of 6 teams, I think we're in 5th place, so we may make it into the post season or we may not.

I didn't get to sleep in this morning like I wanted to because I had to drive over to the marina at 10am for a much needed haircut. It was while I was having that done that my hair stylist told me that Bernie Mac had died. I couldn't believe it. I'm not really a huge fan of his - I don't dislike him, I'm just not really in his demographic - but the death of anyone who is only 50 is shocking. You wouldn't think someone could die from complications of Pneumonia in this day and age. His death is certainly a reminder to make each day worthwhile, because you never really know how long you have here.

2 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

Congrats on the goals and assists. How did your leg feel after the game?

8:05 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

la - Leg felt fine. Thanks!

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home