Sunday, September 07, 2008

My day started out in the vet's office. Gracie needed to have her stitches taken out from being spayed, and Wally needed to have his senior wellness exam. (I can't believe my little boy is a senior now!) I love the vets at the office I go to, but they are horrible about getting their appointments going on time. I had an 11am appt, and when I showed up, the waiting room was filled with pets - really not fun, considering I had both dogs on leashes pulling in both directions. Then Wally discovered the kitties up for adoption and wanted to play with them. Nearly an hour later, we still had not been shown to a room. Finally, we got in, and once the vet finished Wally's wellness exam, I had her look at his numerous hot-spots. Allergy season is going full bore and he is one itchy dog. He scratched his neck so badly that he ripped all the fur off in one area. He also had a big spot on his butt. They shaved the raw areas so they could be cleaned (he now has a nice bald spot on his ass), gave him a steroid shot and sent him home with some anti-biotics...all for only $288. Mental note - buy pet insurance for Gracie.

5 Comments:

Blogger Randy Roadz said...

Wow! Only $288! It would have been a bargain at 1/2 the price.

Is Gracie there to stay? So, you're going to be in Seattle this weekend?

Have a great time at the game.

Roadz

8:30 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

What did the kitties think about Wally?

6:54 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

The Kitties LOVED Wally - in fact, one was totally flirting with him. If I didn't already have my hands (literally) full with both dogs, I might have actually thought about getting it for him. To play with...not to eat.

11:51 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Roadz - Yep, Gracie's here for good. I'll be in Seattle the 13-14. Maybe we can meet up for a quick bite.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Maybe when things quiet down? Samantha loves kitties, but Hanna loves to chase kitties . . .

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home