Saturday, October 04, 2008

I decided to just take a day OFF today. I didn't do a single useful thing, not even the laundry. I did buy new clothes (collars) for the dogs because Grace had eaten both their leather collars (along with two pairs of my shoes) this week. This is why I can't have nice things. She's lucky she's cute, let me tell you. When it rained today, I was reminded that if this were later in the winter, snow here would be powder in the mountains. That's exactly what I was thinking when I moseyed into the sporting goods store next to Pet Smart, and ended up walking out with a new pair of Burton snow pants.

So far, I've watched two movies on DVD today. One called "Meet Bill" with Aaron Eckhart. It's a comedy about a man whose life is falling apart (in a funny way, of course). It was actually quite good. Then I ran out of new DVDs and watched "American Beauty" again. I heart Kevin Spacey. I'd like to see him in a good movie again. "21" was ok - but I mean a great role, like in this film or "The Usual Suspects."

I also found a box of old photos in the garage and scanned some to e-mail off to friends, and just got back from a 3 mile run in the dark and the rain.

Anyone else doing anything interesting or fun?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, were on harness #5 for Isis. The poor thing's separation anxiety comes out in her continued need to chew things. I just threw out a pair of sandals she got to and I still need to perform surgery on my most favorite boots.

That pic you sent me......priceless!

8:21 PM  
Blogger dnetrunner said...

Sounds like you had the same day I did...

10:48 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

"this is why I can't have nice things"

I can relate to that statement.

8:53 AM  
Blogger LA said...

I watched A Mighty Wind and liked it, but Christopher Guest would have to really strike out for me to dislike something he did.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home