Monday, September 29, 2008

When I woke up this morning, it was cold in my bedroom and I could hear the sound of car tires speeding down a wet freeway through my open window. I couldn't believe it had rained, and it continued to thunder and come down lightly all morning. By the afternoon, it was hot and humid. There is nothing worse than humidity. While I want it to be a cold wet winter so there will be snow in the mountains, I want it to be...you know...a DRY wet.

I had a great hockey game last night - two goals (in the men's league) which pretty much never happens. Now I have Grace in her crate (even though I had to carry her all the way up the stairs to put her there, she's trying to suck frozen peanut butter out of her Kong, I've left an 80s playlist going for her on the iTunes, and I'm off to a game with another league across town. I'm sure it will feel just wonderful to walk from the hot humidity of the valley into the ice rink.

4 Comments:

Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Thunder! How fun.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Frozen Kong's rule.

8:27 PM  
Blogger dnetrunner said...

Great game!
Hope Gracie likes the 80's...

9:09 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Late this morning, we had a downpour for about 2 minutes and then it stopped as quickly as it started.

Bizarre.

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home