Tuesday, September 30, 2008

When I used to have to go into the office, I had to set the alarm clock for 6:30 am (when I was in Manhattan Beach, it was 5:30 am). While I'm in no way a "night person," I'm not an early morning person, either. One of the best things about getting to work from home is not having to be in at an exact time, so I never set an alarm clock. I absolutely LOVE waking up on my own without the annoyance of a buzzer. Since I got Grace, I have not been able to wake up on my own. She likes to wake me up between 6:30 and 7 am, usually by standing above me on the bed and licking my face relentlessly until I either get up, or push her off to go annoy Wally so I can sleep for another 15 minutes. Once she gets tired of Wally, she jumps back on the bed, I try to get her to lay down and pet her, but once the petting stops, the craziness starts back up again. I was so tired this morning that I put a pillow over my head so she couldn't lick me. Soon, I felt her back up on the bed, nearly on top of me. In fact, it seemed like there was more dog on the bed because the next thing I knew, they were both playing and wrestling practically right on top of me. I gave in and got out of bed. After I fed them and took them outside...they both promptly fell asleep on the couches. Sigh.

4 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Welcome to my world!!!!!

8:53 AM  
Blogger LA said...

That sounds perfectly delightful!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Gosh, I wish I didn't have to wake up to an alarm clock. I'm not a morning or a night person either.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

Having two dogs jump around on the bed while you're trying to sleep is definitely worse than having three cats. Your dogs are huge & heavy, and they would, no doubt, cause considerable bodily harm if they hit a muscle, bone or tendon in just the right spot. The worst I have to deal with my three cats is having them rest their body on top of my head when I'm sleeping.
It's actually kind of cozy, so long as they don't cover my nose/mouth and smother me to death!

KJC

It's too bad that Stryder left the neighborhood.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home