Tuesday, October 07, 2008

I spent some time watching the debates tonight. It was good to see Obama out there doing his thing. Unfortunately, listening to John McCain just made me irritated so I had to turn it off. I knew the program had taken a wrong turn when he referred to Ronald Reagan as his "hero." By the way, how many heroes does he get to have? In his next at bat he referred to Roosevelt as his hero, as well.

Speaking of Heroes, am I the only one disappointed by the show thus far this season? How many more plot turns can a story take? How many more characters do we need? How many more versions of those characters? When did the South American girl with the black eyes from last season turn into a Puerto Rican. Did I miss an episode? I hate to give up on a show, but they're starting to lose me.

I am looking forward to the premiere of the American remake of the BBC's Life on Mars on Thursday. I thoroughly enjoyed the English series and am looking forward to seeing what they do with this version. I know the pilot is nearly the same as the BBC version. The first season of the Office pretty much shadowed its English counterpart but then broke off on its own. We'll see how this one does. The show features Jason O'Mara (Men In Trees) as Detective Sam Tyler who suddenly finds himself inexplicably in 1973, where he must try to solve crimes while battling the often unethical police conduct of the era. Since the original shooting of the pilot, all the actors have been replaced with the exception of O'Mara. Other series stars include Harvey Keitel, Michael Imperioli and Gretchen Mol.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kings Fan said...

I am also looking forward to Life on Mars. I tend to enjoy shows that are based in the 60's, 70's and 80's, but if they are from the 1860's, 1870's or 1808's, I'm out.

Do you think McCain was a mentor to Roosevelt? I found the debates to be 90 minutes of talking heads blabbering in circles and don't feel as though I learned anything. Man, I hate politics!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Is it just me, or does McCain have dinosaur arms?

I too liked the Brit Life on Mars and hope this one is good too.

10:13 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Your description of the debate is exactly the reason I didn't tune in. My sister called me while they were on said, "I had to quit watching, the sound of McCain's voice makes me physically ill."

I don't watch Heroes, but I'm hearing from those who do that this season is a big step down. The TV critic I read religiously is thisclose to giving up on it entirely. So you're not alone.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Little Fish said...

I still love Heroes, but on Monday night I couldn't help but wonder about Maya too. Last year she didn't speak English and this year she barely even has an accent.

I also believe that any time Heroes is weak, they simply need to have Mohinder take his shirt off and the whole show will be istantly better. Save the hot scientist with the smoldering eyes; save the world!

6:54 AM  
Blogger Chrispy said...

I'm disappointed by Heroes too. Actually didn't watch Monday's. I'm really excited about Life on Mars. Loved the British one and think that NYC will be a great background for the series. Check out this clip if you haven't yet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEWpWM7Iyhc&feature=related

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home