Wednesday, November 19, 2008

With Halloween recently here, some friends have been posting photos from parties on their Facebook pages. Some of them are of their dogs...dressed up. I'm generally a "no clothes on the dog" kind of person, but I have to admit, I wasn't always this way. When Wally was a puppy (well, maybe a year old) I did try to dress him up for Halloween. As a cowboy. He kept the costume on for literally just enough time for me to shoot this photo. Then he ate the costume. No clothes for dogs!


How many of you are on Facebook? I've never been one for social interaction web sites - I never really did MySpace or Friendster or anything like that. However, I signed up for Facebook last year when several friends recommended it and now I'm hooked. There's been a recent flurry of old friends from school coming out of the woodwork because the class ahead of me had their 20 year reunion and a bunch of them signed up. Sometimes, I get friend requests from people I literally haven't seen or talked to since Junior High and even Elementary School. Facebook is a weird beast. It gives you this voyeruristic window into the lives of people you know (or hardly know, or knew 25 years ago) where you can see their moods through their status updates, and look at photos they've posted of them with their spouses, kids and friends...without ever having to actually talk to them. Some of the people I find on Facebook ARE really long lost friends who I am so glad I've reconnected with. And some of them are...well...people I'm glad live in other states.

3 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

I've never even logged on to Facebook, but

GREATEST PHOTO EVER!

(did he bite you right after the photo was snapped?)

2:46 PM  
Blogger LA said...

A couple years ago, I was on myspace for about 3 months. Meh.

It seems like facebook is more for adults. I have a lot of friends on it, but I've never really been tempted.

That said, Wally looks adorable if not slight embarrassed.

9:30 PM  
Blogger dnetrunner said...

OK, Time to write...I miss the blog!

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home