Sunday, November 09, 2008

Whew! I had a nice relaxing weekend with the dogs. Tomorrow begins round 2 of Showdown. Sigh. I have to be in the office at 8, and that should pretty much last until March. I am not pleased. Neither is Wally, and especially not Gracie. She still can't be trusted and is going to end up spending a hell of a lot of time in her crate, where she (and my electrical cords) can be safe.

I watched the movie Get Smart with Steve Carell the other night. When I first heard they were remaking the old television show into a film and had cast Carell in the role of Maxwell Smart, I was ecstatic. I couldn't think of anyone better for the part. Then I heard a lot of really bad reviews of the film and never ended up seeing it. I have to say, I laughed out loud through much of this movie and am now wondering how anyone could have thought it wasn't very funny. If you like Carell, you'll enjoy this movie. His wit and humor fit nicely into the role of Smart, and hopefully, you'll enjoy the movie as much as I did. (The three of you who haven't seen it yet).

2 Comments:

Blogger Kings Fan said...

I was probably one of the ones you heard pooh-poohing the movie. What I had a hard time doing was separating Don Adams' Maxwell Smart from Steve Carell's Maxwell Smart. There's no comparison and I think that's where my inability to enjoy the film came from. But I'm glad you liked it.

12:10 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I'm on the fence about this one. I thought it was inspired casting to have Carell play Smart, but then the reviews were abysmal. Maybe I'll revisit...

I did see the art house film featuring Anne Hathaway recently, Rachel Getting Married. The other lead actress is the chick who played Don Draper's artist girlfriend Midge from season one. Anyway, it was good, but a little too long, and perhaps not for everybody.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home