Monday, July 13, 2009

I'm sure you've heard how much bigger insects are in the south. To be honest, I haven't really experienced it - I think that refers to the more humid parts. However, I have had a problem with some sort of bug since I've moved to Texas, although I have yet to figure out which bug it is. About every other week, I kid you not, I wake up with a huge bite IN MY ARMPIT. I know we don't have fleas - I'd have bites all over (I'm that sort of person) and Wally is highly allergic to them and he'd be itching like crazy. I know it's not mosquitoes - I only ever see them when we take the dogs to the lake and I haven't been there for over a week. Also, it always happens when I sleep. Huge freaking bites that are incredibly sore and hard. Gross! I know! And the lump of the bug bite will last for over a week. If I knew what to spray for, I'd be spraying the shit out of my house. Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations?

Since I have Season 2 of Californication in my Netflix queue and should be getting it in the next month or so, I decided to watch Season 1 via Netflix streaming so Charles could get caught up. We've also been slowly burning through all of the X-Files DVD's. We started with Season 1, and are nearly done with Season 2. I have to admit, those early X-Files episodes are pretty slow, and watching Californication back to back with them, it becomes very apparent how much David Duchovny has improved as an actor since the early 90s. Of course, Hank Moody is a much more interesting character than Fox Mulder. If you haven't had a chance to watch this half hour show from Showtime about an aging writer with writer's block and his sexual escapades, I highly recommend giving it a try.

4 Comments:

Blogger chellebelle said...

I have that reaction to spider bites.. and I had one once that took three weeks for the bruise (I kid you npt) to appear on my leg and it was as big as the span of my hand.. the nurse said the deeper the venom, or injury, the longer it took for the bruise to appear.. ick.. I keep wanting to watch Califorication.. but with the boys watching over my shoulder... Later..

11:19 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I have enjoyed both seasons of Californication. And I've watched each season all over a weekend from On Demand.

12:13 PM  
Blogger LA said...

You watching True Blood?

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

spiders, spiders, spiders. they are nasty critters
congrats on your engagement!!!!
i am so happy that you have found someone special.
mary ellen

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home