Tuesday, November 28, 2006


Went to a great Kings game last night. They actually WON, which makes them 8-13 (sigh). The game was very close, tied 2-2 at the end of regulation, and went into a 5 minute 4 on 4 sudden death overtime. No one scored, which by the New NHL rules, means a shootout. Kopitar and Frolov both put their pucks in the net to secure the 3-2 win over the New Jersey Devils. I forgot to snap any photos during the game, but here are the Kings celebrating after their victory.

Unfortunately, when I went out to get in my car at work so that I could GET to the game, I had problems with my car. This is pretty unusual because I have a relatively newer car and I try to take decent care of it. Plus, I haven't been having ANY problems with it. That is, until I tried to drive to the game last night to find the "Engine System Service URGENT" light on (not a good sign), and my car would not accelerate. I had no idea what to do, short of calling AAA. I was in a panic, since I was meeting a friend at the game and I was the one with the tickets. Somehow, my car eventually started up (though the light came on), and I was able to barely make the game on time.

My light has been on since that time, and I've been worried about it stalling out in the significant amount of traffic I sit in. I haven't had any problems. But I promptly took it to a mechanic this morning, and the Engine light promptly shut off just in time for the mechanic not to be able to see it. So not only was it not doing what it had been doing, there wasn't even any visible proof that anything was wrong. Hopefully, he can figure it out anyway.

The song for the day is "I Love Rock And Roll" by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts. I loved Joan Jett. I don't usually like female acts, but for a girl, she could actually rock. I still have my black heart button, and still love to turn this song up when it comes on the radio. I did sort of lose some respect when she tried to act and played Michael J. Fox's sister in the movie Light Of Day. My friend, Reid, was completely in love with Jett and actually had a life size cut out of her in his room when we were kids. In a strange twist, both Joan AND Reid ended up being gay.

4 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

It's been a while since I've been to Kings game - but hockey is a blast to see in person.

Supposedly, Joan is having a fling with Carmen Electra? Everyone seems to agree she is more masculine than Dave Navarro

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, hockey does seem kind of interesting... but I don't get it.

I know that Carmen Electra is in Joan's most recent video, but I didn't know she was into 50-year old rocker chicks. Will wonders ever cease?

"Ended up being gay...?"

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha...that happened with my car as well, and the mechanics said that since the light is not "on", the computer does not have any malfunction errors stored. So the whole day wasted, I drove the car back home, and just as I reached home, the light went on again. So I raced back to the mechanic, kept the engine running, and they got to diagnose it. Wasn't serious. I didn't get it fixed :)

--Amir

1:00 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Diane - I saw Joan in the audience of a concert I was at once, and she was extremely masculine.

Hey, my brother was at the King's game, too!

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home