Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I had a weird dream this morning that I was out mountain biking, and was attacked by a mountain lion. I somehow managed to fend it off by keeping my bike between it and me, until it lost interest and went away. (I'm sure this is EXACTLY how it happens when you get attacked by a mountain lion!) I've noticed several times I've gone hiking that at the trail head there will be notices warning of mountain lions, bears, snakes, etc. It's hard to look at Wally, my trusty labrador retriever, and think he might be able to protect me in the case any of those attacked. However, I have read that mountain lions are more likely to attack a lone hiker than one with a dog or another person with them.

I have more pictures of the bulldog puppy next door, but I seem to be having problems getting the Bluetooth on my phone to communicate with my laptop, so you'll have to wait for those.

My surgery day is finally here. I leave for the hospital in a couple of hours, and will return here in the evening tonsil free. (Hopefully, they will take the right thing out and I won't end up with tonsils but missing a hand or something). I've been writing in this blog since Halloween and haven't missed a day yet, but we'll see how it goes post surgery when I'm completely doped up. One of you may have to remind me that tomorrow is Wally Wednesday!

The song for today was a toss-up. I knew I wanted to do a Saga song, but liked "Wind Him Up" and "On The Loose" equally as much. First off, they both sound pretty similar. Secondly, the videos for both songs remind me heavily of the early days of MTV. They're right up there with "Shadows of the Night" by Pat Benetar. Also, both songs came off Saga's 1981 release Worlds Apart. I wonder whatever happened to Saga. When I looked them up on the internet, they came up with a nuch of "metal" web sites. I guess they were somehow considered hard rock/metal. I don't see it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speedy recovery wishes for you. Remember to eat tonnes of ice cream.

--cheers
Amir

10:03 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

When I go hiking alone, I always take Hanna with me, and I too, hope/think we are less likely to be attacked - or at least, I am less likely to be attacked . . . on the other hand, the dog might just take off for the hills

Amir is right - lots if ice cream!

10:21 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Best wishes today! Hope you have minimal pain and lots of ice cream and cold yummies. :)

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your recovery goes well.

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home