Monday, December 04, 2006

Seen in the Seattle Times last week, "The Sundance Film Festival announced Wednesday that Seattle filmmaker Robinson Devor's documentary "Zoo" has been accepted into the 2007 festival's documentary competition. The film examines the widely reported case of an Enumclaw man who died in 2005 after having sex with a horse." Now, this story raises many questions, the first being "how does one die having sex with a horse?" Then I talked to a friend who works for a news station in Seattle who filled me in on the story. The guy was trying to get the horse to have sex with him! Not the other way around, as I had assumed. I'll spare you the details, but my friend said someone was actually shooting video at the time it happened, which he had seen, and he reported it was pretty sick. Coincidentally, when the story ran in 2005, a news site printed the story with a picture of the horse...with its face blurred out. I assumed (again) they had blurred it in an attempt to protect the identity of the horse, but the thinking had actually been that they wanted to protect the identity of the person who OWNED the horse, should anyone recognize it.

I bet you didn't think you would read anything about man-horse love today, did you?

In other news, I had Eggos for dinner last night. Wait...that's not really news, is it? I was too sick to make anything for myself, and too tired (and sick) to go out and GET something to eat. (That NyQuil really knocked me on my ass!) So I settled for Eggos. I say "settled" like eating Eggos for dinner isn't really some sort of treat. Like when you move out of your parents house, that's not the first thing you think of that you're going to do on a regular basis, just because you CAN.

The song for today is "Rain In The Summertime" by The Alarm. I loved the alarm in the 80s. I didn't really know who they were until I saw them open up for Pat Benetar around 1986. The truth is, there are so many Alarm songs to choose from - I have all their albums and love most of their stuff - by they never really struck it big here in the States. The Irish rockers had some semi-hits like "Summertime," but I think people thought they sounded too much like U2. At any rate, I've seen them in concert 3 or 4 times and they were always great. If you don't have this album, pick it up - you'll really enjoy it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Last time I had a sinus infection, the doctor prescribed my some codeine cough syrup that was - get this - pina colada flavored. I can't tell you how much I looked forward to bed time that whole week . . .

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Horse love, huh? I guess everyone needs a little lovin' sometimes.

I didn't realize I liked The Alarm as much as I did until I saw the Bands Reunited show about them. They did sound like U2, but I don't really care for them, so I'll take The Alarm every time.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home