Sunday, December 03, 2006

My cold was in full force last night, so I decided to take some NyQuil. I hadn't had NyQuil in years. I took it around 8pm and it totally knocked me out. I forgot how much it makes your head ring the next morning. Comedian Dennis Leary used to say it was spelled "Big N, small Y, BIG fucking Q," and went on to say you should be within 2 feet of your bed when you take it. I have to agree.

Thanks to my neighbor, Jeff, who helped me take Wally's holiday photo yesterday. I was able to order my cards online and should be able to get them out in plenty of time before tonsil day.

The song for the day is "A Million Miles Away" by the Plimsouls. It came from their 1983 album "Everywhere At Once," but I have to admit, I only know of the Plimsouls because of the movie Valley Girl. The Music Supervisor of that movie must have really loved them, because they have 3 songs on the original soundtrack, and another one on the later released CD with even more songs from the movie. I loved this song and looked for the Valley Girl album several times in the late 80s with no success, as it was out of print. However, Amazon has the CD in stock, so I should really get on that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

I'm so jealous you have successfully photographed Wally - my brother is due to help me tonight . . . I do like that Plimsouls' song

p.s. I did wrestle the antlers away from Hanna this morning before she could eat them

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember the first time I took NyQuil - I was in my late 30's and my wife (now ex) suggested I take it for a bad cold. Man, it knocked me out in minutes and I do remember feeling foggy in the head when I woke up. But I slept like a rock!

One of my good friends went to high school with the drummer from the Plimsouls, so it was nice to see them mentioned again. Still an awesome song...

12:10 PM  
Blogger LA said...

NyQuil is great for sleeping on long flights.

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home