Friday, December 08, 2006

I read an article this week about Robert Smith of The Cure, who apparently has writer's block and is trying to come up with lyrics to a bunch of songs for their next CD. Can you believe he still looks like this? And he says he's upset that the word "goth" still gets attached to the band. When you're like 45 and still doing your hair and makeup like this, how can it not be? Look, the guys from Bon Jovi and Motley Crue cut their hair, the guys from KISS took off their makeup, think it might be time to choose a new look, Robert?

Wow, I'm tired. I haven't had a day off in two weeks. We were supposed to work through this weekend, as well, but I've found out we only have to work Saturday. Which means I will actually get a day off before my surgery and will have time to go out and stock up on pudding and chicken broth.

On the down side, I didn't realize until I got to work that I had stepped in what appears to have been a giant pile of dog crap, and it had totally adhered itself to the bottom of my shoe. I spent about 10 minutes in the restroom trying to clean it up, to no avail. Sitting at my desk, all I can smell is dog poo. I hope my co-workers have the good sense to know it's not actually ME who smells.

The song for today is something I stumbled across in my iPod, and am ashamed to say I actually own on LP. It's "Respect Yourself" the Staples Singer cover recorded by none other than Bruce Willis. He put out an entire album in 1987 entitled "Bruno Strikes Back," released at the peak of his Moonlighting fame. I have to say, he's not a bad singer, but it's pretty gimmicky.

1 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

I usually only figure out I've stepped in poo after I've tracked around my house for an hour or so . . .

edit - c'mon - a Bruce Willis album? :-)

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home