Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Sorry for the extremely late post. I’ve been up to my eyeballs in work. I turned over to the producers yesterday in the afternoon. Of course, despite the short turnaround, it took them several hours to come watch it and give notes. (I’m sure they’re up to their eyeballs, too!) The good news is they didn’t have much problem with the editing in general. The bad news is they hate the script and the supporting actors. In fact, when they saw the opposing counsel’s closing, they about had a fit. So, I was here doing notes until 10:30 last night, and then most of this morning. They came and watched it again and are much happier with it. So, I have a short while to address some final notes before FedExing to the EP.

I'm on my 20th straight day of work. I am so tired.

I’d like to have something interesting to say, or some cool link to refer you to. Sadly, I’ve had so little time to do anything but work that I haven’t read the news, surfed the internet, etc.

The song for the day is “King For A Day” by the Thompson Twins. The song came off their 1985 release Here’s To Future Days. I’m sure this band has a lot of other hits that are better than this one, but I have a fond memory of this song because my old band used to play it really badly. I can’t think of another band whose look said “80s” more than this one. The hair, the clothes. They should be in the dictionary for it.

5 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

Wow, 20 straight days of work. I don't know what to say other than I hope you get a break soon. And I'm glad you get to take Wally with you to keep you company.

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whenever I go into a major crunch like that...I just keep drinking lots and lots of water and juices, and try to eat more subway instead of McDonalds. It helps...

You may consider cutting out the diet coke for breakfast as well :)

Hope you get a break soon....

12:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm...come to think of it, the words "major crunch like that" in my previous comment make it sound like I am a big time hollywood editor who goes into major crunches like that...I only wish.

Nope. I just meant "when I work 16-18 hour work days for long stretches" :)

12:33 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

ok, I don't know anything about tv production, but shouldn't someone have noticed the script and supporting actors b/4 this?!?!?!?

Hope you get to come up for air soon

7:16 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Amir - a) I don't eat at McDonald's much these days. I got burnt out on it when I was in China over the summer. And b) You must know I will never give up my morning Diet Coke!

Diane - You would think they would notice those things earlier, but our schedule is so short that when a bad script comes out, you sometimes have to hope for the best and just let it go. Often, it ends up getting fixed in Post.

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home