Friday, January 19, 2007

When I went to pick up some dog food for Wally at the vet's yesterday, I had them weigh him because I put him on diet food over a month ago and everyone keeps saying he looks thinner. Sure enough, the little guy has lost 7 lbs! Don't you wish YOU could just eat a can of processed protein every day and lose weight that quickly? I suppose you COULD but I can only imagine the taste.

I mentioned in an earlier post the joys of having to send my relatively new cell phone in to Samsung to get it repaired. I sent it USPS Priority Mail on Dec. 26th and their web site shows it received on Dec. 28. Samsung had told me it would be a 14-21 day turnaround (how convenient). Yesterday was the 21st day, and still no cell phone. When I check the RMA online, all it says is "In Progress." I had to take time I didn't really have out of my day to call them to find out what the hell has happened with my phone. The guy told me that had not received my phone until Jan. 12 (!!!). I explained that I'd purchased tracking for the package and knew it had arrived at the end of December. He said, "Well, the way that works is they mark when it was delivered to the last address." I was like, "Uh...yeah. That's exactly how it's supposed to work." I assured him I had never had a problem with USPS Priority before, and if it said it was delivered, it probably had been. He then reassured ME that there was no possible way they could have lost the package internally. It took TWO WEEKS for that package to get from reception at Samsung to the repair department, and all the guy could say was that it wasn't their fault and he was sorry. What the hell ever happened to customer service?

The song for today is "When The Heart Rules The Mind" by supergroup GTR. It comes from the band's self-titled 1986 debut (which was probably their only album). As supergroups go, this was a pretty weak one. Led my singer Max Bacon (of Bronze. Ever heard of them?), Steve Howe (of Asia and Yes) and Steve Hackett (one of the OTHER guys from Genesis). It was also produced by Geoff Downes, previously of Asia, but more known for writing "Video Killed The Radio Star" by The Buggles. With Steve Howe, this song was complex, as you might expect. That didn't stop my junior high rock band from covering it...horribly.

4 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

I slimmed down my pooches with home made dog food - I made a big pot of dog stew every weekend! Their coats are softer too

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah my cat is getting chunky too...but he won't eat anything diet :).

On another note, remember the bullet decals? Well I saw something even better yesterday...three actual holes drilled in to look like bullet holes on an otherwise perfectly fine car. No, I don't think they were holes caused by real bullets...too perfect for that. This was someone taking things a little further then the decals...I have a pic on my camera phone, if it comes out ok, will send :)

--cheers
Amir

11:01 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Sure enough, I have that GTR album (on vinyl). And don't forget, Geoff Downes was in Yes for a minute (Drama album). I am not ashamed to say that I'm a prog rock freak.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

oh yeah - and I am trying to lose weight eating pre-packaged dog food - it's called nutrisystem! Actually, it's less dog foodish than I expected it to be

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home