Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Ugh. Busy, busy day today. I have to turn my cut over to the director who is also one of our executive producers. I had planned on getting in early, but slept through my alarm. Because of my late start, I got stuck in the peak of rush hour and it took me nearly an hour and a half to get to work.

So, the fluid at Wally's mass removal site was caused by me letting him be too active directly after his surgery. They had told me not to do much with him the first week, which I didn't, for the most part. I thought they meant because his incision points would hurt, but after a couple of days, he seemed fine and wanted to play. It's a long explanation, but they were only able to drain a small amount out. The remainder is too viscous to be drained by needle, and they want me to do hot compresses twice a day to try to get the liquid to absorb into the body. If that doesn't work, they will have to bandage him. And if that doesn't work, they'll have to drain it surgically. I have the most high maintenance dog ever. He's lucky he's so damn cute.

Sorry I haven't had any current photos recently. No time, and plus - cell phone still being repaired, so I can't take photos with that, either. Here he is taking a break during a hike at Runyan Canyon.

One of the funniest things I've seen in a long time is this PSA by George Takai in response to NBA player Tim Hardaway's homophobic public remarks. I always liked Takai, but now I love him even more:



The song for today is "Valley Girl" by Frank and Moon Unit Zappa. Stupid song, I know, but it's certainly a big piece of pop culture from the 80s. In fact, this novelty song from Zappa's 1982 album Ship Arriving To Late To Save A Drowning Witch was the only commercially successful hit he ever had. The song, which made fun of the Los Angeles "Valley Girl" talk of the early 80s, inspired the movie of the same name that would be released the next year. Loved the movie, tolerated the song. When I was in the 6th grade (which was the perfect age to appreciate this song), we had to choreograph our own jump rope routines, and my friends and I wanted to do it to this song. The teacher shut us down. She was opposed to the word "bitchin'" which apparently sounded way too much like "bitch."

3 Comments:

Blogger --AA-- said...

Damn it, that clip is too funny....I am silently howling with laughter at work :)

2:44 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I graduated from Calabasas High School in '81, right when this song was hitting. Does that qualify me as a V-girl? TOTALLY!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

That is the funniest clip I have seen in a while. Oh George Takai is great!

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home