Monday, February 12, 2007

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me-eee...Happy Birthday to me! I sort of forgot about it this morning, got up and went about my day. Driving to work, I was listening to Kevin & Bean (as usual), and during the showbiz report they read off the celebrity birthdays. When they mentioned Christina Ricci, I thought, "Hey...she and I share the same birthday" which I knew from working with her on Ally McBeal. And then I thought, "Wait a second!" My birthday wish is that my dog will get better and stop crapping in my house.

I've been dropping not-so-subtle hints about ice cream cakes for the past week. Hopefully, the guys at work will come through.

The song of the day (don't laugh) is "Wham Rap" by Wham! Now, I know there are so many other classic Wham! songs I could have picked, but this one has always cracked me up. Could you get some whiter guys to rap? The song came off their 1983 release Fantastic, but was certainly not known at all here in the U.S. until they broke big with "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go." The sad thing is that I still know the words to this song. They will be burned in my mind forever:

"Hey, everybody, take a look at me
I've got street credibilty
I may not have a job but I have a good time
With the boys that I meet down on the line
I said I don't need you
So you don't approve?
Well, who asked you to?"

7 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! How is Wally doing? If he still has the runs, you can safely give him pepto bismol - check out the internet for dosage; however, if he is having other problems, maybe a return to the vet is necessary?

Mmmmmm - ice cream cake . . .

Wham did have a lot of catchy tunes!

I know you didn't watch the Grammys, but it cracks my up to hear Kevin as the cheery announcer

9:14 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Happy Birthday, Edit!
I hope that you have a great day.

Yes give him pepto bismol for the runs - for your dog's size give him 3-4 tablespoons 2-3 times daily. Switch his food to a bland diet of boiled chicken and rice for 2-3 days, and then slowly reintroduce his regular diet. Take this from a guy who is dating a Vet and who has worked at a vet's office.

Oh, and I noticed on Diane's site that you hate country music! You should really give the Dixie Chicks a try. They are such a great group!

http://reallyryan.blogspot.com/2007/02/my-bitches-reign-supreme.html

9:35 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Happy birthday to you! And many happy returns! I agree, Oreo ice cream cake is a supreme treat.

The 3 minutes I caught of the Grammy's, I heard Kevin's voice. I've been listening to K&B for, what, 20 years? Have they been on the air that long? Let's just say a longggg time.

Hope Wally's doing well.

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Read the blog a tad too late...I might have even brought in the ice cream cake with me....

Have a great day, and year!

--cheers
Amir

12:36 PM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you and wally are feeling better and you're having a great day and some ice cream cake. Let's re-schedule our lunch (my treat) and I'll get you some ice cream cake for dessert.

Wham? Seriously? How old are you?!?!

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Happy Birthday! I actually remembered that it was your birthday today. You should feel priviledged, since I have some blockage in my brain that doesn't allow me to remember ANYONE'S birthday. I'm terrible at that, but yours I remember. I hope you had a great day, and I'll talk to you soon (I hope).

11:00 PM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

Happy BD, Editthis. I hope you get your wish of ice cream cakes and a shit-free home...er...that sounded rather odd, didn't it?

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home