Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Sorry for the late post. I'm still in dailies, and I got 9 hours of film in from shooting yesterday. That's 9 hours of footage I have to watch before I can even begin to edit it. I can watch in multi-cam mode where I can see one performance on all three cameras at the same time, but still - that's a lot of footage. (LA - you would like JS less if you had to watch him stopping and starting for 9 hours!)

I saw this article on the internet yesterday where Paula Abdul insisted she's never been drunk. Not only that, but she insists that in her 20 years in the music industry, she has also never done recreational drugs. She admitted to taking prescription drugs for arthritis. I have to wonder what kind of narcotics she's taking for that and if she knows you shouldn't mix it with NyQuil. She must think we're all idiots. How can she explain this?



Also seen on the internet, the new "Reversible-Destiny Lofts," an innovative new housing development in Tokyo. The apartments were designed specifically for the aged. Says designer Shusaku Arakawa, "People, particularly old people, should be in an environment that stimulates their senses and invigorates their lives." With this in mind, he designed the living area as follows: a dining room with a grainy, surfaced floor that slopes erratically, a sunken kitchen and a study with a concave floor. Electric switches are located in unexpected places on the walls so you have to feel around for the right one. A glass door to the veranda is so small you have to bend to crawl out. You constantly lose balance and gather yourself up, grab onto a column and occasionally trip and fall. Not only does this NOT sound like a fun place to live (I would kill myself or someone nearby), it certainly isn't a place I would send a senior citizen to. It would take about 10 minutes for anyone's grandma to break a hip in there.

I forgot it was Wednesday and had to re-post. Here he is last summer in the best 5 dollars I ever spent.


The song for the day is "Crash" by The Primitives off their 1988 album Lovely. I had forgotten about this song until I just stumbled across it on my iPod. A friend in high school turned me onto it. I believe this was their first album, and this is the only song that received much airplay. Released in the late 80s, it's the perfect example of the change in music as the decade wound down toward the 90s and alternative music began to rise up.

5 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

The most lucid I have seen Abdul lately is the other night on one of the home shopping networks selling her seriously crappy costume jewelry

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA....that housing thingie is the funniest thing I have come across....seems like something the grandpa from Simpsons would be sent to.

I am still chuckling over the design and architecture. I gss the designer wants to hasten the demise of the seniors that would live in these places....

good stuff.

Amir

2:02 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Wally! Is his owie better? tummy better?

p.s. that is a crazy, scary building

3:46 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Diane - Wally's owies are fine. He gets his stitches taken out next week. I thought his tummy was better, but was then awoken by him retching in the hallway early this morning, and when I went out to check on him, I stepped right into a puddle of dog vomit. Good morning!

3:52 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Yeah, Wally!

I suspect you're right... If I had to sort through 9 hours of film of just about anyone, the thrill would probably dry up pretty quickly. But I have to admit, I think his character is damn close to being the perfect man. If Alan Shore starts writing songs nad playing guitar, he would be the perfect man.

Paula (or just about anyone) saying she's never been drunk is absolutely absurd.

And I agree with your assessment of the lofts in Tokyo. They sound like they were designed by sadistic orthopedic surgeons looking to build their practice.

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home