Friday, February 16, 2007

I left work at 9pm last night and, unbelievably, hit a ton of traffic going home. I hoped everyone was leaving early for the long weekend, but when I came to work this morning...more traffic. I'm quite buried in work right now and have to work tomorrow, so I thought I'd try to get this post out early so I don't have to worry about getting to it all day. As long as my drive and computer hold up (I've been having problems with one or the other lately) I can work from home tomorrow and hang out with Wally. Otherwise, it's another weekend work day across town.

I've been so busy lately that I've been ignoring my Statcounter for this site. I used to get about 8-9 return visitors every day. Now, I see I'm sometimes getting as many as 18! (Not to mention the other 20 or so people who visit this site daily). I wonder who everyone is. Who is the person in Austin? Or the person in Sacramento who has the most visits? Or the person in San Jose? If any of you are out there, please introduce yourselves.

I mentioned yesterday about "Lost" losing a day's worth of film. I mentioned it to our A-Camera operator, who said, "Sweet!" As it turns out, his brother is the A-Camera operator on "Lost" and he loves it when bad things happen to him.

The song of the day is "Cult Of Personality" by Living Color off their 1988 album Vivid. I'm not familiar with any of their other music, and they may have been a one hit wonder, but what a hit! I loved this song, and still enjoy listening to it, especially the Kennedy sound bite. It rocked, yet it was socially and politically conscious.

8 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

Good call today, Cult of a Personality is a great song. I wonder if I still have my Living Colour T-shirt? Oh, and I love the hilarious tidbit about your A-Camera operator!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

LOL!

You gotta love that sibling rivalry.

KJC

10:39 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

edit - traffic has been horrible all week. I have had to work late a couple of nights, and traffic was still a snarl heading home . . .

The only Lost I have (tried) to watch was the first show for season 2, and had no idea what was going on . . .

Good song choice - they were a pretty cool band, but as I recall, for some inexplicable reason, the singer (who fortunately had a great bod) sang wearing a spring wetsuit . . .

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually leave for work around 8:30 or 9, and crawl to work. Today I left at 7am to beat the traffic, but lo and behold, same frikking crawl! ugh.

11:03 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I'm the person on your stat counter from Ontario. Probably close to Toronto. I always wonder too.

1:37 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Thanks, Mishy! I love TO. Want to try to get back up there this summer. My friend has a nice big house in the Beaches to hang out in. Bet it's sort of cold up there now, though.

1:39 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I love the Beaches! It's a very beautiful area. Did you know that last summer, that neighbourhood's name was officially changed to "The Beach"? How stupid is that? Most people still say they live in The Beaches.

And it's freezing! Wednesday was minus 32. I'm hoping that little groundhog was right and spring is on it's way.

5:22 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

My friend said, if it were up to him, he would never ever leave The Beaches. He once told me it was 30 below. I asked if that was Celsius or Fahrenheit. He said, "When it's that cold, it really doesn't matter."

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home