Thursday, February 15, 2007

The show "Lost," which films in Hawaii, sends undeveloped cannisters of film back to Los Angeles to be processed for editing and such. There is probably no reliable film developing businesses there to do the work, so it has to be done here. The other day, they sent their film, as usual, through the airport on its way to L.A. Unfortunately, though all the canisters were clearly marked to advise against this, airport personnel accidentally sent the film through an X-ray machine, erasing an entire day's worth of work. Aside from the fact that this is probably a $200,000 mistake, just the thought of having to reshoot an entire day is horrifying. Can you imagine having to do an entire day all over again?

How cool are these big, plush Tetris pieces? I know they're made for kids, but I still think I might like some of them in my house.


I'm surprised that I haven't used this song of the day before, but according to Blogger, I haven't (as if I can trust that). It's "Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone)" by Glass Tiger off their 1986 album The Thin Red Line. This Canadian band broke in the US with a few hits, mostly from this album. It certainly didn't hurt to have the support (and backing vocals on this song) of fellow countryman and huge 80s rock star Brian Adams. Like most Canadian bands, I have to assume they had a more lengthy career and bigger following up north. This was certainly a memorable and fun song.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kings Fan said...

I wondered when it would finally happen, and I'm surprised that it took so long. You finally used a Glass Tiger song. Expected it much earlier, but figured it was bound to happen.

Hey, I'm surprised you didn't mention that otday is National "That's What She Said" Day. I figured you'd be all over that (that's what she said).

9:32 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Having just spent the morning at the airport working out my ticketing problems, I feel their pain. There was a couple there with their boxer dog in a crate trying to get home to Cincinnati - the airline wouldn't accept the dog because the predicted high temperature is below 20 degrees . . .

11:05 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Edit - That is such "insider" news! I am very jealous that you have a great career in the entertainment industry. Some of the stories you must have (or stories I want to believe you have). Too bad I don't watch Lost. Do they have your episode of Boston Legal on abc.com. I would love to see it. I use to watch the Practice and Boston Legal on Sunday nights, but when I moved to Tuesday I stop watching due to the conflict with Law & Order:SVU.

I swear airport workers have got to be some of the stupidest people on the face of the planet. Too many times I have had to deal with them and I dread every visit to the airport.

8:01 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

This is not something I choose to admit to just anyone, but once I saw a Glass Tiger cover band. The fact that I am Canadian may or may not be a coincidence.

I like your blog, can I link to you?

8:22 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Ryan - ABC is so lame. They have all their "hot" shows available online, but it looks like mine isn't included there.

Mishy - I can't believe Glass Tiger has enough songs to COVER! I'll let it slide since you're Canadian. Yes, link, please!

9:31 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I totally think the producers of Lost should sue the Dept of Homeland Security... Hey, story idea for your show!

8:45 AM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

That song by Glass Tiger holds a special meaning for me.

A couple of weeks before my 19th BD I laid down on my bed to listen to that song (I had the album on tape) and as I rested my hands on my chest, I felt a rather large lump in my right breast. The doctor later told me I had a golf-ball sized tumour. Yay! Cancer! That's just what an already depressed and near suicidal teenaged girl on the brink of womanhood needs to hear.

Anyway, every time I hear that song on the radio I chuckle because, almost 20 years later, I still can't forget that tumour, even now that it's gone. :-)

KJC

10:50 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

KJC - Egads! Interesting what thoughts certain songs provoke. Glad to hear you're healthy.

10:59 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Holy cow, KJC, that's an amazing story. Glad to hear you are a survivor.

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home