Friday, March 09, 2007

Wally went to the vet yesterday, and it appears the fluid is all gone, and he is cleared for fetch as of next week! He is very excited. While he's not allowed to get all crazy and play fetch yet, he has been approved for hiking, so I'm hoping to take him somewhere this weekend where there is a nice stream he can swim in.

One of my co-workers is pregnant and we had a baby shower for her earlier this week. I don't know her that well, so I bought her what I consider to be the universal baby gift - a CD of "Free To Be You And Me." While I can't remember any of the songs from this off the top of my head, I remember always enjoying it when I was a kid. She was ecstatic. Apparently, she CAN remember all the words and is looking forward to playing it over and over for her baby. I know there's a video available, too, and I remember watching it on TV when I was a child, but most people I know only remember the record. Anyone else remember the program that aired?

The song for the day is "Solsbury Hill" by Peter Gabriel off his 1977 debut solo LP, the first of several albums to be named simply Peter Gabriel. I know it's out of my 80s decade, but I heard it the other day and can't get it out of my head. The song explains what was going on with him when he decided to leave the band Genesis. I often see it used in film, and my favorite use of it is probably in the following trailer:

4 Comments:

Blogger NB said...

When is your co worker due? Another great generic gift is the " Baby Einstein" series of CD's and DVD's. Always a huge hit.

9:35 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

That trailer is very funny. It's a completely different movie with those clips and music.

You bought Julie Bowen a baby shower gift? Very cool. I loved her on Ed.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

I didn't realize she was preggers in real life!

I remember those song too, although not all the words, and I am old enough to have watched That Girl! on tv . . .

Off topic, you have to admire the Thomas family for their involvement with St. Jude's and other good causes

10:55 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Yea for Wally! I'm so glad his troubles are over and he gets to be a happy dog again!

I worship Peter Gabriel. He's incredible in concert, totally intense. I just read that Genesis is reuniting but without Gabriel (no surprise). My favorite Genesis years harken way, wayyy back to Trick of the Tail, Squonk in particular. Anyone here familiar?

I remember "Free To Be You And Me!" I'm glad to hear it was a such a hit. I'll keep that in mind for future baby gifts. NB - Good call on Baby Einstein, too.

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home