Thursday, March 01, 2007

If you saw the photo of Wally yesterday, you will understand why people were yelling “Olé!” at him all day.

I finally bit the bullet and bought my ticket to Australia and New Zealand for next summer. I can’t get a refund, so I’m obligated to go. However, I can change the dates if I have to, so if we end up working through hiatus due to the pending writer’s strike, I can just reschedule it. I’ve been mapping out my trip for some time, so I knew what dates I needed to travel. I didn’t check the updated work schedule, though. I thought I was leaving a week after I wrapped out, but now I’m leaving the day after. No decompression time, just off to the airport for 12 hour flight.

I forgot to mention after I watched “Heroes” on Monday night – Holy crap! Is that show awesome, or what? Every week, when I see the “To Be Continued…” slate come up, I think, “Noooo!” I am so totally hooked on it. “Lost” now seems so completely lame in comparison, though I feel compelled to watch it through to the bitter end so I can get some closure on the many, many unanswered questions.

Every time I pick a song of the day, I try to pick one by a band I haven’t used before. I flip through the iPod looking for something interesting, and I’m always surprised to search my own blog and find I haven’t used a particular band before. I feel that way today as I choose “Keep On Loving You” by REO Speedwagon. The song was originally recorded for their 1980 album Hi Infidelity. I always remember it from the movie “The Last American Virgin.” This band has the most unlikely lead singer for a rock band. Have you SEEN Kevin Cronin?

6 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

oh man, I envy your trip to Oz . . . Cronin is a bit trollish, but I used to think the lead guitarist was cute - of course, this was in 1978. I'm going to wait and get the Heroes DVD - I hear good things about it

9:43 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

p.s. nice use of the link to yesterday!

10:58 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Edit - Regarding a potential writer's strike... if, for example, a show has an executive producer and creator who also happens to write many episodes, would s/he still be able to write under the guise of his/her other roles on the show? Hypothetically speaking, of course.

Congrats on taking the plunge to Oz. You're going to have a fantastic time. I think my dad traveled there 25-26 times in his life, he LOVED it there.

Hysterical people were shouting Ole to Wally!

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OLE' hahahaha I wish all the best for Wally - he's a beautiful pup.
Btw I'm so glad u got ur tickets done, I can't wait till u come over - I'm writing a list of places to go to, The Penguins are a definite yes.

6:11 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

la - Nope. The creator is a member of the WGA, and if they strike, he can't write.

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your upcoming trip. You're going to love it. If you happen to find yourself in Christchurch, New Zealand, check out a pub, located right in the city center, called Bailey's. It's on the ground floor of a youth hostel that I stayed in for months. I had many a fine evening at Bailey's, some of which I even remember. As of last year there was still a picture of me and some of my ice-friends on the wall. I got married there too, but don't hold that against them...

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home