Saturday, March 03, 2007

Aah...Saturday. My favorite day of the week is any day that I don't have to wake up by an alarm clock. I've spent the last two days trying to address notes from our show's creator because, to make a long story short, SOMEONE did not pass down the appropriate tone notes on certain scenes in the script, so they didn't come out the way he expected them to. So a very intense segment involving a lot of blood and a murder got the response, "Hey, that wasn't very funny!" Cut to me spending two days trying to make something funny that was never really intended to be that way. Needless to say, I was very tired when I finally left work at 9pm last night.

I saw the link to this video on someone else's blog this morning. It's really quite funny, especially if you work in the industry. It's an employee orientation video for Universal Studios, directed and written by Trey Parker and Matt Stone (of Southpark fame). It outlines in detail how the studio would change for the better once Edgar Bronfman Jr (of Seagram's success) took ownership of the company around 2000. Even if you don't know any of these facts, it's still an entertaining video, and features cameos by Sylvester Stallone, Michael J. Fox, Steven Spielberg, Demi Moore, Tracy Lords, James Cameron, and Brian Grazer among others. It's kind of long, but well worth watching.

The song for today falls quite short of my usual 80s bracket and hails from 1975. For some reason, I have it stuck in my head, even though I don't think I've heard it on the radio recently. It's Gary Wright's "Dream Weaver" from his same titled album. I have to be honest when I say that I never thought much about this song until I saw it being used in the movie "Wayne's World." Check out the sweet album art.

5 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

you gotta love the 70s, when male rock and pop stars basically dress in women's clothing - See, any photo of Andy Gibb or the 70s Robert Plant . . .

Does Wally sleep in? Hanna rises with the sun . . .

4:57 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Wally is totally perfect and amazingly, always lets me sleep in. He has an iron bladder, I think.

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's going on with "Dream Weaver"? Yesterday at work, the trivia question of the day was "Who sang 'Dream Weaver', and don't cheat?" I've had that song stuck in my head since yesterday! Mobay DOESN'T own a bladder. She lets Kevin sleep in, but then she wets the bed. Does that make her any less perfect?

10:54 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

I love Mobay. She's just telling Kevin what's what.

10:58 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I'm going to have Dream Weaver stuck in my head all week now! My dad sings this song in a terrible falsetto when he cooks. I threatened to tape him and show it to everyone he knows unless he stops.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home