Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Before I forget, it's Wally Wednesday. Here he is eating dinner last night. I took it so you can see his nifty compression bandage that is hopefully taking care of his liquid sac problem so he can soon play again.

Monday, I turned my cut of the show over to the show creator to look at and give notes. So yesterday, I sat here all day waiting for notes. I thought I would get them around lunch, but as it turns out, he was too busy writing our next script to look at my show. I kept waiting and waiting, and he never had time to look at it. I was here for about 10 hours yesterday and did absolutely nothing but wait. It was one of the most exhausting days I've ever had. I've learned over time that I'm much better off being super busy than sitting around doing nothing.

Did I mention that I got tickets to the Police concert? My friend, John (you may know him as KingsFan) got two tickets, and is letting me buy one off him. I'm quite excited because I've always wanted to see the Police, but they were already pretty much done touring by the time I was old enough to see them. To make it doubly good, the Foo Fighters are opening, who I also love and have never seen live.

In honor of the occasion, the song for today is "Wrapped Around Your Finger" by The Police from their 1983 album Synchronicity. There are so many great songs I had to choose from, even from this album, that it was hard to pick just one. I always have a fond memory of this particular song because it had such a cool video. They shot it overcranked to a sync track that was sped up, so when they played it back, the result was slow motion video that was now in sync with the normal speed of the song. So cool. Also, my friend Jason and I were amazed that anyone could use the phrase "Caught between the Scylla and Charybdes" and words like Mephistopheles in commercial song and get away with it. If you haven't seen the video in a while, you should really check it out because it still holds up today:

8 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Poor Wally . . . though I think the red sash is sort of dashing in a Tombstone/Cowboys way.

I say the Police a few times beginning in 1979, and they always put on a good show. I saw the Foos do an acoustic show last August and would love to see them do a regular rock show too!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

Looks like Wally is a conquistador... Ole! Hope he's feeling better and gets a chance to chase a tennis ball around again real soon.

As much of a Police fan as I am, I never did get a chance to see them in concert. I wasn't much of a concert-goer in my earlier years, but am trying my darndest to make up for it now. Looking forward to the crowd trying to get into Dodger Stadium and rocking out to the Foos and then grooving to The Police. A good time will be had by all.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

FYI - here's a taste of The Police for ya!

11:44 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Diane - thanks for the great link. BTW - how do you add links to a post?

12:06 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

edit - if you find the post you want to link to, and click on the time it was posted, it will come up with an address for just that post. Then you can link it like any other address!

12:22 PM  
Blogger LA said...

OMG, Wally looks so cute!

I've never seen the Police, but I've seen Foo Fighters. Besides being a great band, Dave Grohl is the funniest MFer ever. Seriously, Dave Grohl should host the Oscars.

Sorry to hear about your horrendous 10-hour day. That just totally sucks.

12:24 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Diane - I mean that when I try to post a link in a comment it comes out looking like this: http://bigwallydog.blogspot.com

As opposed to your post where a word is highlighted, and when you click on it, it takes you to that link.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

edit - ok, you have to put it in the same format - meaning using the a and the < and the href like when you do a link in a post

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home