Monday, April 23, 2007

Another Monday. Why are Monday's so bad? I mean, today isn't necessarily bad, so to speak (at least not yet), but it's always so hard for me to get out of bed and drag myself into work on Monday. Why can't the work week start on a Tuesday? I think I'd feel a lot better about that.

I read in a few places on the web last week about Alyssa Milano designing new female friendly baseball jerseys for fans. I have a huge problem with this on so many levels. First of all, it's not a jersey if it doesn't look like the ones the team is wearing - it's just a shirt with the team's name on it. Secondly, why, oh, why do merchandisers feel the need to girlify shirts and such for women to buy? We would be happen with women's cut shirts. They don't have to be pink, I swear to god! I've mentioned to several friends while browsing through the pro shop at hockey games that they should shoot me if they ever see me wearing a pink Kings "jersey." But my biggest objection to Milano designing these so-called jerseys is outlined in this picture. WTF?

The song for the day is "Hold Me" by Fleetwood Mac off their 1982 album Mirage. This is one of those bands I've always wanted to see in concert but have never had a chance to. I've always wanted to see Lindsey Buckingham play guitar live because it is so amazing just to watch him play, pickless, fingers flying across the strings. Mirage was one of their most memorable albums from the 80s and the one I most enjoy.

6 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

While I would never buy any of the pink sports memorabilia, I do think they are trying to make a connection with breast cancer awareness - or at least the pink NFL stuff does . . .

When I first started to go to Kings' games in 1987, Alyssa was always in the Forum Club b/c she was dating a rookie named Wayne McBean - he didn't have a very illustrous career, but he did get to nail a celeb at least

10:01 AM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

What an oddly misshapen little rag she's wearing. I'd never buy that.

KJC

11:05 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Edit - I've seen Fleetwood Mac and Lindsey solo many, many times. Buckingham is totally amazing live, well worth checking out, and he's playing a bunch of CA dates in June. In case you're not in Australia yet, here's the info:

06.01.07 - Santa Rosa, CA - Wells Fargo Center for the Arts
06.02.07 - Hanford, CA - Hanford Fox Theatre
06.03.07 - Bakersfield, CA - Bakersfield Fox Theatre
06.06.07 - Hollywood, CA - House of Blues
06.07.07 - Anaheim, CA - House of Blues
06.08.07 - Mesa, AZ - Ikeda Theater
06.11.07 - San Diego, CA - Humphreys Concerts By the Bay
06.13.07 - Ventura, CA - Ventura Theatre

12:16 PM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

I know that Alyssa has made her way through the professional sports circuit by dating numerous athletes. I do remember Wayne McBean, another "can't miss" guy who really missed. She should be designing jocks... she's gotten into enough of them.

2:30 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

la - Thanks for the info. Sadly, I'll be in Australia until the 13th. Bugger.

8:45 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

That shirt is almost more unflattering than a shapeless shirt designed for a man's torso. Plus, like Kelly said, it looks like a rag. Unimpressed!

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home