Saturday, April 21, 2007

Wally was happy as a labrador could be with all the rain early in the day yesterday. We went out to play fetch in it and he was having the time of his life. He got completely soaked and was actually mad when I told him he had to go back inside so I could head to work. He started to back up from the door with the tennis ball still in his mouth. Today, he is very, very soft, which always happens when he's been out in the rain.

I thought I had a ton of work to do and would be working through much of the weekend, but discovered yesterday when I began to assemble my episode that it's not in as bad of shape as I thought it was. That's a good feeling - sort of like finding money in your pocket. I do have some minimal work to do, but nothing like I thought I had, which means I may actually be able to relax and enjoy my weekend. I'm planning on finally trying out the synthetic ice I bought that's been sitting in my garage untouched all week.

How could I do songs of the day from the 80s on this blog, and take this long to get around to "Girl You Know It's True" by Milli Vanilli? The song, off their 1989 album of the same name, went platinum 6 times and spawned 6 hit singles. You all know the story - in 1990, after winning a Grammy award for Best New Artist, the duo (Fab Morvan and Rob Pilatus) publicly admitted that they, in fact, had not sung on the album. Their producer, Frank Farian, had recorded the album with studio musicians who he felt were talented, but unremarkable, and he enlisted Morvan and Pilatus to front the band. Regardless of who actually sang on the record, it was a catchy little pop/dance song.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kings Fan said...

OK, I thought we had heard the last of Milli Vanilli. Was never a fan of their "music" and thought they were frauds from the outset. You have no idea how happy I was when they were busted for lip-syncing.

You have synthetic ice and we have a synthetic team in LA. You watching any of the playoffs on Versus and NBC? Really good games...

10:40 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Nope - haven't had any time to watch the playoffs, I'm embarrassed to say. What the hell kind of hockey fan am I? It's hard to get excited when the team you root for is nowhere to be seen in the post season.

10:49 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

My one friend's lab is like Wally and loves to play in the rain. My other friend's lab is a total princess and hates getting wet. She even walks funny so her paws don't get wet. She's very funny.

I'm with you, lipsynchers or not, I still like "Girl You Know It's True".

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home