Friday, April 13, 2007

I was watching Scrubs last night, and had the same thought I’ve had for the last several episodes. I’m I the only person who thinks Christa Miller looks like she’s had her lips done too many times? When she was on The Drew Carey Show, she used to look like a human being (pictured). I now notice she resembles an alien. I wish I had a current photo to share, but I couldn’t find one that detailed this change in her.

Work has been busy and stressful, trying to cut all the footage that’s coming in on my last episode of the season. I finally had to give myself an early break last night so I could sit like a vegetable in front of the television to catch up on some Tivo.

The song of the day is “I Drove All Night” by Cyndi Lauper off her 1989 album A Night To Remember. As with most artists, there are so many other songs I could have picked, others that were much more well known even. But while I always appreciated Lauper and all of her talent beneath the wild hair and the crazy personality, this is my favorite song of hers. Even though this album spawned only this single hit, it won Lauper another Grammy award as Best Female Pop Vocalist. The song was originally penned for Roy Orbison, but his version would not be released until 1992, four years after his death. If you haven’t heard it for awhile, you should refresh your memory here:

6 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

So what did you watch on Tivo last night? I agree about Lauper - she is incredibly talented, and that sometimes got overlooked b/c of her appearance/image.

I agree something is off with Christa - - may be you are on to something

8:04 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Diane - Let's see, the Office/Scrubs/Earl trifecta, and this week's Lost.

8:08 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Edit - You're not the only one who has noticed, and it's not just the lips. Since she's returned from having her baby last fall, she also appears to have had her eyes done, plus she looks generally *pulled* tight.

I loved the betting on The Office last night!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

edit - any reason 30 Rock is omitted? It ties with the Office for my favorite shows

10:13 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

I've heard good things about that show, Diane, but just haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even though she's my idol and all her albums are amazing, I am not biased. I must give u a big pat on the back for picking Cyndi Lauper's "A Night To Remember" - her most brilliant album ever and she's given us some great albums.

Don't hate me but what's going on with Heroes? and don't let me tell u I've stopped watching Lost since mid-way 2nd season!

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home