Monday, April 16, 2007

A big congratulations to my Pasadena hockey team, the Freedom, who won their first game in probably 20 last night. It certainly felt good not to walk away from the rink with another ass kicking under our belts.

Yesterday, I think I finished the short film I've been working on. It's not completely done yet, but for the most part, my work is done. It's one of those things I've been trying to get off my plate for some time, but couldn't seem to do it. I was worried it wouldn't be finished before I left for vacation, but it looks like it will be.

Speaking of which, I'm leaving for Australia in less than a month! It's hard to believe. I have so many things to do with work and everything else before I go, that it seems so very far away. I had yet another dream last night where I'm late for my flight, and then am trying to get onto a later flight, when I realize I don't have my luggage with me. Can anyone say anxiety?

The song of the day is "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)" by The Eurythmics off their 1983 album of the same name. I first heard this song when I was in the 6th grade, and thought it was like nothing I had ever heard before. It's certainly one of those songs that marks the move away from heavy guitars and toward synthesizers in the early 80s, at least as far as pop music went.

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

All the anxiety will be worth it when you see your first koala bear! I tend to stress in anticipation of a trip too - all I can suggest is to make a list of things you need to get done - but make the items simple enough that you can easily start to cross things off . . . makes it seem more doable

I love Annie's solo work to

12:25 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Congratulations on your team's win!

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home