Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Yesterday was the big day at work with the Stanley Cup. I heard it had arrived down on set and went down to check it out. They were rehearsing a scene with it, and the crowd that had gathered just to glimpse it was huge. I haven't seen that many people bother to watch a rehearsal since Sting was on Ally McBeal. I stood there for about 20 minutes, just watching the Cup with everyone else. They wrapped rehearsal, and everyone descended on the Cup. The guy who accompanies the Cup everywhere it goes was there to answer questions, and told us it was OK to touch it. Everyone was around it, looking at all the inscriptions, all those players and teams that have achieved that highest honor in the NHL. It was really amazing to get to be that close to it.

I did get my photo taken with it, but failed in my attempt to get a photo of Wally with it. The Cup Wrangler told me it was fine to bring him down and get a picture, but then the Cup was so occupied shooting scenes and rehearsing that it wasn't available again. Drat! The photo is a little goofy because our Prop guy was sort of sneaking us though and having the professional photographer snap shots while we still had him there. We literally had about 2 seconds in front of the camera, which could explain the goofy look on my face:

Even though Wally didn't get to see the cup, it's still Wally Wednesday. Here he is from last weekend at the Three Dog Bakery Easter Begg Hunt. You should have seen some of the other dogs there. One poor thing was dressed in a bunny outfit its owner had MADE for it! Wally is a lucky boy to have a mom who would never do that to him.


The song of the day is "Dream On" by Aerosmith off their 1973 self-titled debut album. I've never been a huge fan of Aerosmith - Steven Tyler really creeps me out. Even though the song was originally released in 1973, it didn't chart well until its reissue in 1976, following the success of "Sweet Emotion." I have to admit, I even like the Eminem song "Sing For The Moment" which samples this song.

8 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Great photos! And I totally dig that the Cup Wrangler was cool with Wally being photo'd with the Cup. I actually stayed up 'til 11 last night and watched your show - I look forward to seeing one that you edited.

My freshman year in HS (1974-1975)there was a juke box in the lunchroom - only one song was EVER played - over and over - Sweet Emotion by Aerosmith. My brother was a senior that year, and one of his classmates? Mrs. DEK

8:38 AM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

Awesome pic of you with the Cup!

And Wally's looking so thin, now. Maybe a tad too thin?

10:57 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

p.s. as to Wally's weight, I was at the doggie ortho yesterday, and was told that the best thing you can do to protect your dog's joints is to keep his weight down . . .

11:06 AM  
Blogger NB said...

Not such a goofy smile, you look like the cat that ate the canary!

Did everyone get their picture taken with the cup? Must have been very hectic. When will that episode be on?

1:08 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

OMG - That is so going to be your Christmas Card!

very exciting!!!

3:48 PM  
Blogger LA said...

That's a great photo! OMG, how jealous are your hockey teammates?

I used to work with a guy who was a former NFL player who had a Super Bowl ring. He brought it to work when I expressed an interest. I loved it, but someone's individual ring does not have the same history as the Cup.

This is hilarious: "but then the Cup was so occupied shooting scenes and rehearsing that it wasn't available again." The Cup had to rehearse? Did it flub its lines?

BTW, I didn't realize how big it is. It looks to be about 3 feet?

Congrats again!

6:29 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Very cool photo! I think being a Stanley Cup wrangler would be one sweet job.

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool picture.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home