Saturday, April 28, 2007

Yesterday was the last day of principal photography for my show. Because of some last minute changes to an episode, it was also a double-up day so two crews were shooting. It's much like the last day of school, except that there is actual work to be done. It was also a food fest, with different foods coming in throughout the day to feed everyone. When the first crew called at 10:30, they had the standard breakfast fare - eggs, bacon, bagels, etc. I skipped out on that because I'd eaten much earlier in the morning. Then at 12:30, when the second crew showed up, there was a crepe bar. It was SO good! Actual French guys making crepes - mine had bananas and strawberries in it with whipped cream on top. At both 1:30 and 3:30, lunch came in - a ton of pizzas for both crews. And in the evening, at 8pm, one of the actors brought in a bunch of food to be BBQ'd - salmon, steak and the like. I'd already headed home, thank God. So, for all intents and purposes, our show is finished for the season, except for Post. We'll be there for a few more weeks and drop off one by one. The writer's strike, which only months ago seemed unlikely, looks like it will might actually happen, or so says the article I read in the L.A. Times the other day.

This is the first weekend in a long time that I haven't had some sort of work planned or something I had to work on. I do have a wrap party to attend tonight, and then an 11:15 hockey game, our first of the season. We have almost an entirely new team, so it will be interesting for all of us to see what level of team we have. In the meantime, I need to get out and look for a few things to take with me to Australia, like a good pair of walking shoes. I'd like to take Wally to the Dog Beach at Huntington Beach tomorrow, which I hear is very cool, but we'll see. Anyone know anything about it?

The song for the day is "Whisper To a Scream (Birds Fly)" by Icicle Works off their 1984 album The Icicle Works, though the song had been released a year earlier as a single in Britain. Though the band never gained much momentum after this album, this song is still a great reminder of the happy, upbeat pop coming out of the UK. I still love to listen to it and it's in heavy rotation on my iPod.

5 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

I totally appreciate the spirit of every-2-hour food delivery.

HB dog beach is a blast. I've been there a couple times, and it was always a good day. Being a water dog, Wally is going to love it. Has he been in the ocean before? Even my sister's terrier mix dove in his first time. Anything to get the ball.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Can't wait to hear about the wrap party!

Wally will love dog beach - it runs along a pretty big stretch from the end of Bolsa Chica/the Cliffs/Seapoint street (where the new jetty is) south for a mile. the more crowded end is closer to the pier - people park along PCH or in a couple of lots parallel to PCH. When I go with Hanna, we park at the far south end of the parking lots for Bolsa Chica and walk down to the less crowded end of dog beach.

check out http://www.dogbeach.org/

2:53 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

p.s. I'd bring Hanna down to romp with Wally, but I think it's too early after her surgery - we went on our first walk of any distance today, and I don't think she can handle the beach yet

4:40 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Is tat what they call Kraft Services in the Industry? Thinking of those crepes is making my hungry!

10:49 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Ryan - Yes, Craft Services are the people who feed you, but it usually isn't this much - just last day of work excess.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home