Saturday, May 05, 2007

Damnit. I was almost done writing my post and my browser crashed. Stupid browser. Now let's see if I can remember what I wrote earlier.

I had to go into Hollywood for some work early yesterday afternoon. On the way home, I found myself driving through Burbank, quite hungry. I decided to stop and eat at Poquito Mas. First off, let me just say that I love me the Poquito Mas. When I lived in Burbank, I used to eat there probably 2-3 times a week. They have great food, and it's a small, cozy place to eat. Because of the popularity of the place, and it's close proximity to all the studios in the area, you can often find a celebrity of some sort chowing down on a burrito there with everyone else. I noticed when I went in yesterday that on all the entry doors, they had posted signs that read, "No Autographs! No Photographs! No taping, filming, or recording devices of any kind allowed on premises!" It's sad that they had to go to the trouble of even putting the sign up, but I appreciated that they did it. Now actors and directors and other famous people can at least eat a meal in peace in ONE place.

I've been thinking about getting another tattoo while I'm Down Under. My friend in Melbourne and I have been talking about going to get one together. He knows exactly what he wants to get - he doesn't have any tattoos yet, and he's thought long and hard about what he wants. I, on the other hand, already have two small tattoos, and while I know I want to get a third one, I'm not sure what I want to get or where I want it to go. I did a Google search for tattoo art last night and stumbled across a web page with a gallery of tattoos that you look at and can only wonder WHY someone would put that on their body. Like the one pictured. That's right, that's Clay Aiken's face ON SOMEONE'S BODY!!! You can view the other images here.

The song of the day is "Goodbye To You" by Scandal off their 1982 self-titled debut EP. I always thought this was a cool, catchy song, and the video is so totally 80s. It's simple and basic, and yet totally exemplifies so many videos from that early MTV era - band mock plays with nothing plugged in. I looked up the band on Wikipedia because I didn't know much about them. They had another hit in 1984 with "The Warrior" but I always liked this early song so much better. The band struggled a lot with discord between members and broke up shortly after the Warrior tour. It's interesting to note that early musicians in the band from 1981 include Jon Bon Jovi on guitar and Paul Schaffer on keyboards. (I believe that's Bon Jovi on keyboards in this video) I also didn't realize Smythe was married to John McEnroe.


4 Comments:

Blogger Kings Fan said...

Never been to Poquito Mas, but I'll look it up to see if there's one around me.

As for tattoos, I don't have any flaws on my lfesh and plan to keep it that way. I don't have any issues with others getting them, but not for me. Here's an idea: How about a pouch on your stomach with a baby kangaroo peeking out? That could serve as a constant reminder about your trip. Not how you would explain what it looks like when you get old and your skin sags.

Love me The Scandal. In fact, I have several of their CDs and even saw this video a couple of weeks ago. They did a Bands Reunited for them on VH1 a few years ago and it was really interesting. Good choice!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

More importantly, was there anyone worth getting an autograph from at Poquito Mas?

There are 3 tattoo parlors within about 1/2 mile of my house. I've always kind of wanted a tattoo and never got one. I've always promised myself if I ever got into really great (and relatively thin shape) I'd go ahead and get one . . . so far, I've been safe. I've always kind of wanted Hawaiian reef fish either on my rear or on my lower back. . . .

Once though, while our car was broken down in Barstow, there was a desert rat woman at the mechanics - age undeterminable as only with desert dwellers - so she could have been 50 or 80 . . . she had horrible wrinkled saggy skin and lots of tattoos and it was really, really icky.

Finally, inquiring minds want to know where you have tattoos and what are they?

12:56 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Diane - I have a Thunderbird (as in the totem animal, not the car) on my ankle, and the Chinese character for my mom's father's family name from when I got in touch with my Chinese roots a few years back.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

The hair, the clothes...God, I miss the '80s!

Well, at least leotards and off the shoulder blouses are coming back.

KJC (who never stopped wearing leotards and off the shoulder blouses)

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home