Friday, May 04, 2007

I locked my last show of the season yesterday. I’m still working through next Friday, but for the most part, my work is done. I just need to attend a couple of spotting sessions and then view and approve the finished project next Friday. You’ll know the episode when you see it – it’s the one with the Stanley Cup in it, and I think it airs on the 15th.

So, I’m thinking of signing up to do the Muddy Buddy bike/run that will take place in Redondo Beach in November of this year. If you’re not familiar with the Muddy Buddy, it’s a tandem race. You have a partner, preferably one the same size as you, since you have to share the same bike. At the start of the race, one of you is on foot (running) and the other is biking. When the biker gets to the first obstacle course (you heard me), they drop the bike, go over the obstacles, and take off on foot. When the first runner arrives, they go over the obstacle, find the bike, and take off riding. There are (I believe) 5 obstacle stops in a 6-7 mile course. When the first person gets to the end of the race, they have to wait for their buddy, who is on foot, then together, crawl through a large obstacle of mud. Hence the name. I think I have that right – I’ve never done it before so the info is from their web site. So, I asked a friend who mountain bikes with a few of us if he wanted to be my Buddy for the year. He said he already asked another girl a week ago and has to wait and see if she wants to do it or not. I feel like I’m in high school and am some guy’s second choice for the Sadie Hawkin’s dance! I think I have a backup if I have to find another partner, though.

My sister e-mailed me yesterday. She said she’d heard a song on the radio from the 80s and wanted to know if I could remember who did it. She thought it was called “What About Me.” She was right, and it had been so long since I’d heard it, that I decided it should be the song of the day. The song, by Moving Pictures, came off their 1982 album Days of Innocence. The Australian band had its biggest hit with this song, and pretty much dissolved into obscurity there after. If you don’t remember it (and I know you WILL once you hear it), check it out here:


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crazy - I was just thinking about that song for no reason whatsoever just a few days ago. Weird.

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Muddy Buddy is a great event. Will be doing my second one this year! However, you may miss hockey that day, as it's on a Sunday!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

I'll definitely look for that episode. Please also post on your blog when the naked Mark Valley episode will air . . .

The race sounds very . . . messy, but fun. I'm readying myself for my next 5k - June 3 - I hope to beat my breathtakingly slow previous time of 38:15 . . .

1:43 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Naked Mark Valley, whaaaaa...???

Keen Eddie is presently #2 in my queue.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home