Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Someone sent me this photo in an e-mail yesterday. Supposedly, it’s of the largest dog in the world, as recorded by Guiness. A quick search of Snopes showed that the photo appears to be false. There WAS an English Mastiff named Hercules who was the biggest dog, weighing in at 22 lbs. with a 38 inch neck, who WAS owned by a man in Boston, but this is a photo of neither. It's sort of hard to tell whether or not the picture has been Photoshopped, but it looks a little perfect, doesn't it? Like an ad for owning big dogs? The second photo (to the right) is of the actual Hercules and his owner. That is one big ass dog! The article I read on Snopes notes that there is a distinction between “biggest” dog and “tallest” dog. The tallest dog award goes to a Harlequin Great Dane (of course) named Gibson who stands 42.2 inches tall. I hardly see why anyone ever called Wally “big!”

The song of the day is “Bust a Move’ by Young MC off his 1989 debut album Stone Cold Rhymin’. I heard it on the radio over the weekend after not having heard it in years. I flipped through the other stations, but there was nothing better on, so I switched back to listen to it. I quickly found myself singing along and was embarrassed to find I remembered all the words. It can’t be everyday that you see a white female in a Volvo driving down the freeway singing along to Young MC blaring from the stereo. I’m one of those square white people who can only tolerate a certain kind of clean rap, and song is just that kind. (Although I listen to Eminem, but hey – he’s white, too). Apparently I’m not the only one, though. This song helped Young MC garner the first ever Grammy awarded for Best Rap Recording that year.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are great pix. Funny how the real owner of Hercules looks like his dog!

7:35 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Ok, Hercules needs to go on a diet - quick! And Madeline is right, he does look like his owner.

Great, catch tune today!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

Strangely enough, I have heard that song six or seven times on the radio in thelast few months. I can't seem to escape it. I also saw Young MC on Celebrity Fit Club last year and he was on the pudgy side. To his credit, he lost almost 30 pounds and actually looked "Young" again.

I got the email about the big dog a couple of weeks ago. Good to know that there was actually a dog bigger than that.

10:43 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Those Mastiffs are gorgeous dogs, but I'd be nervous to take one for a walk. If it saw a squirrel, we'd be done!

And there's nothing wrong with busting your own move in your car! I do it all the time and often get caught by other drivers.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home