Saturday, August 25, 2007

I'm doing my 5k run tomorrow morning. I haven't been running as much as I would have liked, but am reasonably sure I can make it to the finish line without walking OR passing out. As long as the route isn't through a hilly neighborhood. Little 7-year-old Mason, who I was once ahead of in fundraising, managed to raise about twice as much money as me. He certainly had the cute factor going for him. My friend, Madeline, is coming to the run with me and has promised to jog alongside Mason and trash talk him for the whole 5k. Thanks to all of you who donated money and helped me raise nearly $2800 for the cause.

I'd like to plug a new blog today. Remember my friend, Rob, who came to visit recently? He's decided to try to blog, as well. It shouldn't be hard for him, considering he's a big time webmaster for Tribune Entertainment and works for the FOX and WB affiliates in Seattle. (Yes, Mishy - he found your post about the "internets" being broken quite humorous). He promises to blog both about his work as a webmaster for the news department, and about his personal life as a gay man on a mission to change his wardrobe in Seattle. I guarantee you'll find his blog either informative or entertaining. (No pressure here, Rob!)

The song of the day is one that's been stuck in my head for about a week. It's called "Save Yourself" by a band called Sense Field. While the song was originally released off the band's 2001 album Tonight and Forever, I came to know it when it was used on the Roswell soundtrack. Call it Emo or whatever you need to, but it's a great song. I don't know anything else by the band, but I could listen to this song over and over again. This video sounds a little different from the one I'm familiar with, but close enough:

4 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Good luck! 37:45, baby!

8:46 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Good luck with the run.

So what's the song?

11:50 PM  
Blogger Virtual Producer
Robert Riley
said...

Have an awsome time on your run!

I must go bed in suspense of what song was in your head all day long.

12:35 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Stupid blogger. I had problems publishing yesterday, and it looks like it didn't save my last round of changes.

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home