Tuesday, August 07, 2007

My blog friend, Kelly, tagged me with this meme yesterday, so here it is. I had to think about it for a bit to make the list not just random but interesting. Believe me, it would be more interesting if I wasn't posting it on the internet for the world to see!

10 Random Facts About Me
  1. My feet are totally out of proportion to my body. I'm 5'7" and wear between a 10.5 and 11. Try finding dress shoes in a size 11. I need to find a store down in Hollywood that caters to transexuals, I think.
  2. I've never broken a single bone.
  3. My friend since I was 10 (Rob) admitted that the boy who was the recipient of my first kiss was also the recipient of his. I could have perhaps done without knowing this.
  4. I used to find it exhilarating to fire handguns at the range. Now, I'm quite pro-gun control.
  5. I was once married and it lasted for less than two years. I've had hockey sticks that lasted longer than that.
  6. I used to deliver for Domino's Pizza when it didn't seem dangerous for an 18-year-old girl to show up alone at a random stranger's house at 11pm at night.
  7. I haven't had a drink in 11 years, 4 months, and 7 days. That's right - my sobriety date is April Fool's Day.
  8. I didn't start playing hockey until I was 30.
  9. I've never had a single urge to have kids. I'd rather just keep having Labradors.
  10. I have a wire in my mouth that's been glued there since I was 14 and had my braces removed. The braces I had worn for 4 1/2 years, by the way. Yeah, junior high was swell for me.
Tell me some random facts about YOU!

Also - go to this link. Take the quiz. It will tell you what kind of dog you would be. I was not surprised to find out that I'm a Golden Retriever.

The song of the day is "Oldest Story In The World" by the Plimsouls off their 1983 album Everywhere At Once. I really like this song, along with their other hit, "A Million Miles Away," which I first heard in the film Valley Girl (both songs are included on that soundtrack). I really like their sound, though I understand they weren't around for very long. Does anyone know if any of their albums are worth buying?

9 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

I'm a golden retriever too!

I've broken a collar bone when my brother tackled me and a bone in each foot by badly turning each ankle . . .

for trannie shoes, try Fredericks or the Pleasure Chest - but you may not be looking for those types of shoes

I don't have a wire, but I do have a tooth that is sidewise deep in my jaw - it's a permanent tooth that was haywire and never came up after the baby tooth fell out

2:47 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

The only grandkids my mom is getting will have fluffy little tails. She's not impressed.

I've also never broken a bone and I'd like to keep it that way!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

RE: #1 ... Wow, and I thought I had big feet, 5' tall, size 10.

RE: #3 ... Eeeww!

RE: #7 ... Sobriety is overrated.

KJC (who is also a Golden Retriever)

8:48 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Golden retriever.

Do we all have similar personalities or is that the only answer the test comes up with?

11:05 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

No, I have other friends who came up as Great Dane's. We may all have similar personalities.

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to see the person who is a Chihuaha or a poodle. Maybe the only results for that test IS Golden or Great! (I am a Great Dane.)

6:10 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

Turns out I'm a golden retreiver, although I was concered with some of the answers I gave.

I've broken every knuckle from punching various things. I've gone quite a long time since I've punched anything, though.

I also had that wire for quite a while. FYI - they now have replaced wht wire retianer with a clear version.

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember shoe shopping with you. At least now plain white tennis shoes are in stores! I imagine dress shoes would be the problem, if you have a brand you like that you know fits well why not order online?
I too am a golden which surprised me a bit.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

edit - do you ever check out zappos.com? great source of all sorts of shoes

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home