Friday, September 28, 2007

I hope you all caught the season premiere of The Office last night. If you haven't yet watched it, I won't spoil it for you, but you'll be pleased to see the show continue in its wonderful form this season, and it looks like it will only get better.

It's a dreary day here in L.A. It was overcast when I left this morning, and the drizzle began before I even reached the office. I actually love rain, and it's nice to see it when it comes (although I can't stand being in L.A. on the roads when it's raining), but I'm not so much a fan of drizzle. You know, when it's raining enough for you to need your wipers, but not enough for you to use them without them making a horrible sound against the half-dry window.

I'm off soon for another game with the women's league. They lost their game while I was out of town, so they're now 0-2. Time for a W!

The song of the day is "Crown of Thorns" by Mother Love Bone off their 1990 debut studio album Apple. Mother Love bone is one of the earlier grunge bands to come out of Seattle, and though they had a lot of commercial potential, front man Adam Wood's death of a heroin overdose on the eve of the album's release ended the group's hopes of success. I know of this song from the Singles soundtrack (full of good early grunge), and have always enjoyed it. Members of Mother Love Bone would go on to play in Temple of the Dog, and ultimately, Pearl Jam.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kings Fan said...

I'm a big fan of The Office, but thought the season premiere wasn't as good as I anticipated. Don't get me wrong - a less than stellar Office is far and away better then most shows at their best.

I'll take the blame for the bad weather today. Seems I got a new car today and it always rains whenever I get a new car. Whodathunkit? Hot all week until today - my bad.

Good luck tonight and I still want to make it out to one of your games.

7:10 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I loved The Office last night, so funny. Great episode of Mad Men, too.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Virtual Producer
Robert Riley
said...

Good luck tonight!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Good luck with the game and I enjoyed the Office - alot!

9:17 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I loved The Office. But then again, I waited all summer to find out how the date went.

6:19 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

la - Mad Men was AWESOME. God, I love that show.

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home