Saturday, September 29, 2007

My women's team finally won a game last night. The other team actually totally outplayed us, but their goalie gave up a lot of big rebounds and we were able to hold them to one goal.

We were down in the locker room before the game, and everyone was changing into their game gear. At one point, I heard someone say, "I guess it's time for the unveiling," and four of them all reached to take their tops off at once. Since I'm new to the world of women's hockey, I thought this was just yet another difference between the men's and women's locker room, although I did think it was a little odd that they referred to undressing as "the unveiling" and they seemed to be doing it in sync. It took me a moment to realize that all four women had just undressed to reveal matching bras and thong panties. Yes, they had all gone shopping at Victoria's Secret together and gotten purple bra and underwear sets (in tribute to the Kings, I imagine). This all occurred because last week (when I was out of town), someone exclaimed in the locker room to another player, "Oh, my God! That bra is so cute! WHERE did you get it?" (Another on a long list of things you will never hear in the men's locker room). It occurred to me to take a photo with my iPhone, but I didn't think everyone would appreciate me posting it on my blog. (RE the photo, yes that's the bra; no, that's not one of my co-players. Sorry, James).

After the game, we all went out to the Stick & Stein to get food and drinks. It was nice to finally be able to chat with some of the girls away from the ice and find out where they work and live, and where they come from. I wasn't able to talk to everyone (it was super loud in there), but I did discover that we have a lawyer, an architect, and a District Attorney, and some of our players come from as far away as Tujunga and Huntington Beach.

The song of the day is "Always Love" by Nada Surf off their 2005 album The Weight is a Gift. I can't remember where I first heard this band, but I'm sure it was KROQ. I'll write down the names of bands when I'm in the car if I like something I hear, and when I have a small list, I go to the store and pick up a pile of CDs. When I bought this disc, I couldn't even remember why I had written the band's name down. I was happy to find this entire disc is great. If you only know the band from the song "Popular," I suggest listening to this album for a different sound.

9 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

That IS a really pretty bra, but what, no one has heard of sports bras?

Congrats on the win.

9:45 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Diane - They weren't wearing these to play, just to the game. Skating in a regular bra = eew.

1:22 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Ahhhhh - I was a bit concerned . . . thongs too

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So in the spirit of sportswomanship and teamwork did you go get some new bras???

9:40 AM  
Blogger LA said...

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that anon is male.

It's just a hunch I have.

12:18 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Anon - Um, no.

LA - No, I'm pretty sure that's my friend, Jen.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Let's not forget that it IS a really pretty bra . . . not sure it comes in my size, though

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It comes in my size, a 34A. So if it comes in MY size, I'm SURE you can get it in YOUR size, Diane!

6:16 AM  
Blogger ile said...

Clothing... who needs it? Play naked!

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home