Thursday, November 08, 2007

I saw these two headlines this morning in my Yahoo news list, and they seem to sadly set the tone for what things will be like on TV for awhile:

"24" Falls Victim to Writer's Strike

...followed directly by...

ABC Fires Up "Dance Machine"


The song of the day is "Tropicalia" by Beck off his 1998 album Mutations. I've always sort of appreciated Beck, but this is the first CD of his that I ever bought and I fully enjoyed it through and through. The disc is full of different musical styles, including (obviously) this Tropicalia style. If you've never listened to Beck, I highly recommend checking out this album.

5 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Beck's Sea Change is also a very strong album. I fear that the Writers may find out what the NHL found out a few years back - what happens if you have a work stoppage and nobody cares?

3:31 PM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

Speaking of the NHL, I just notcied that on DirecTV, Channel 215 is now the NHL Network. They show games, have in-studio highlights and comments, show classic games from the past and more! Needless to say, I'm stoked!

10:56 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

This writer's strike is really going to hit home when all my soap operas are done for.

11:52 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Diane - It's sad to admit, but I'm sure many more people care about missing their favorite sitcom than they did about missing a whole season of NHL hockey.

KingsFan - Perfect, I just updated my DirecTv plan, so I'm sure I don't have that channel anymore.

Mishy - Do they really consider soap opera people to be "writers"?

12:02 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I have to admit that after being a HUGE NHL fan for years, and a former season ticket holder for both the Kings and Ducks, the lockout really turned me off the game . . . but this season, I am have watched a couple of Kings games - at least on TV. The fact that Leiweke seems intent on running the team into the ground isn't helping though . . . maybe he'll concentrate instead on bankrupting the Galaxy

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home