Monday, November 05, 2007

An hour into the strike this morning, my writer friend, James, said he was ready to settle because it was cold outside and he was wearing shorts. I'm sure he was kidding. (You were kidding, right James?) I think the writers are quite prepared for the strike, though James admits he didn't realize it was going to be this hard. I told James to think about all the upper body conditioning he was going to get from carrying that sign. He strikes a handsome pose as a picketer, doesn't he?

For you ladies, James is single and likes hockey and long walks on the beach. Try to overlook the fact that he's indefinitely unemployed for the time being.

I took my first kick boxing lesson today, and my arms are all rubbery. I've been wanting to do more working out, and a friend recently started taking lessons at this boxing gym in Old Town. It's really cool and a great workout, so after a few lessons, I'll start taking the regular group classes. I've always done lower body sports so I have almost no strength at all in my arms, and my core is weak and doughy. My goals are to build some upper-body and core strength and to tone my body. How long do you think it will take for me to look like the chick in Million Dollar Baby? (Without the teeth?)

The song of the day is "Anarchy in the U.K." by the Sex Pistols off their 1977 album Nevermind the Bullocks, Here's the Sex Pistols. Why, you ask? Because I played it so many times on Guitar Hero last night trying to get it right that I woke up this morning with is running through my head, and it's still there. Damn you, Guitar Hero! Why are you like crack cocaine??

5 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

Hang in there, James. I'm pulling for the writers!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Anarchy in the UK is a great song, particularly when you think about how little talent those boys had.

Kickboxing is an awesome work out - do you ever do upper body weights? There is something quite satisfying about getting some definition in your delts and triceps . . .

And as to James - hang in there, and I always have plenty of food in my fridge if times get lean.

I just realized tonight that the only new show I watch is Chuck

9:35 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

James is cute little writer.
I am pulling for the writers as well, but for god sake end it fast. I just read where DH only has two more episodes in the can, and for some strange reason this has been the best season yet.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awwww, thanks. It was exhausting. I hope it gets easier. I did luck out in that I ended up getting assigned to a gate with the very nice staff of "Reaper" which happens to be one of only two shows that I actually watch.

11:32 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Ooh, I so have to get my ass in gear and take my first kickboxing lesson. I've only been talking about it for the last 4 months...

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home