Saturday, November 03, 2007

Wow, did my women's team get our asses kicked last night. I think the final score was 6-1, and we scored that goal early in the first period. We had a lot of players missing, and though we had more than enough to play a competent game, we sort of had a lot of the WRONG players missing. Our goalie had a bad game, as well, and to be honest, we didn't do very much right. We were on a winning streak, so I figured we were due for a loss, but boy...that was a LONG game!

The writer's are looking to strike Monday, now. I keep hearing people say that regular TV won't be affected right away because of the amount of scripts shows have stockpiled. For starters, I'm not sure that many shows really do have stockpiled scripts. But additionally, I've never worked on a single episode where rewrites weren't happening up until the last day of shooting. I wonder what the shows will do when they need some scenes rewritten in the middle of shooting? Will they just limp through with what they have? Or will a writer/producer take over? And if the producer is in the writer's guild, can they even be working in the producing role at all? The other thing about the strike is that the Teamsters are urging their union members not to cross the writer's picket lines. The biggest Teamsters on the lot are in the transportation department, the people who take care of moving EVERYTHING from one place to another, especially on shows that shoot predominantly on location. I can't see much shooting continuing without the writers AND the Teamsters. It will be interesting to see what happens. And yes, right now, I am glad I'm not working a union gig.

The song of the day is "Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)" by Marilyn Manson off his 1995 album Smells Like Children. Again, not an artist I like, but I was originally struck by this remake of the old Eurythmics song. I found it to be an interesting take on the original. I remember when I first heard it thinking, why would someone cover this song? It's not that old! And then realizing it was nearly 15 years old, and I was getting old.

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Oh boy - more Law and Order and Murder She Wrote reruns! Fortunately, I don't watch that much current network tv . . .

Sorry 'bout the loss - hope you gals bounce back quickly

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God that "The Hills" is my new favorite show. Reality, Baby.
Sort of just joking.

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home