Sunday, November 04, 2007

Since the first moment I was introduced to editing, I've been amazed at how you can manipulate the footage to do whatever you want, can in fact totally change the original intended meaning of a scene or transform humor to horror just with the click of a button or by adding a different music cue. That's why I enjoy some of the well done re-imaginings of my favorite shows on YouTube. Here's a couple of funny ones from The Office that I came across this afternoon:





The song of the day is "Enter Sandman" by Metallica off their 1990 self-titled album, most commonly referred to as The Black Album. When a friend I suggested I listen to what was then this new Metallica CD, my first response was, "Eew...Metallica." But he convinced me, and I came to absolutely love this disc from beginning to end, especially this song, with its creepy reading of a child's night time prayer. I never paid any attention to Metallica after this album either, but feel it's one of the best records of the 90s.

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

This weekend I watched (again) the "follow up" special to the first two seasons of the British version of the Office - both shows are 2 of my favs . . .

Enter Sandman is a good song - my fav Metallica song is the cover of Turn the Page, though I have a hard time w/ the band ever since they went from badasses to the number one whiners about Napster and they all started having full time life coaches

9:04 PM  
Blogger LA said...

HA! You should make some secret MHISW promos that are all dramatic like that. It's hilarious enough you have to insert the "pregnant pauses" to create the high drama before the realtor gives the home estimate.

Totally agree with Diane on Metallica. Life coaches. Effing pussies.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home