Friday, November 30, 2007

I went to kickboxing class last night for the first time since before Thanksgiving. The last time I took the class is the last time I did anything cardiowise. Needless to say, in the middle of class last night, I pretty much felt like I was going to die. It's amazing how quickly we lose any conditioning in such a short period of time. So while I want to play hockey tonight because I haven't played in so long, I know it's going to be a miserable experience and three long periods filled with gasping for breath.

A U.S. based television production company shooting in Nepal has discovered what it believes to be a Yeti footprint. The print was fresh and pristine and appeared to be less than 24 hours old when the crew discovered it. The team of producers, from an organization called Destination Truth, were in fact seeking evidence regarding the Yeti. The print was found in the Khumbu region near Mt. Everest at a height of nearly 2,900 feet. Tales by Sherpas about the beast have entertained climbers on the mountain since the 1920s. Some believe the Yeti is a protector, some think it's a destroyer. Whatever the case, if there IS one, I hope they never find it. It would be better off living on its own than prodded and poked for the rest of its life.

Someone asked in the comments section yesterday what has happened to the Song of the Day. When I first started to write this blog, my intention was to post a song from the 80s every day that had a significant, personal memory for me. By posting every day, it didn't take much longer than a couple of months to run out of songs. Then, I switched to choosing songs from the 80s by bands I hadn't used yet. Then it became songs in the 90s, and then whoever I could think of that I hadn't used yet. After the first couple of months, choosing a Song of the Day became the most time consuming part of blogging, and eventually, I was picking just about any song with very little to day about it. So for the time being, I'm done with it. It may return at another time, but I'm tired of having to think so much to post. Sorry.

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Good for you with the kickboxing!

So, the yeti has Fred Flintstone feet?

5:03 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Thanks for the support! The song of the weekend is now on my blog!

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home