Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I came into work this evening to find flyers all over the walls for the annual holiday food drive. Hungry kids, bring cans, blah blah...the usual thing. You see it every year. But this flyer had a photo of a kid on it. A photo of a kid eating spaghetti. A kid that didn't look particularly needy. It sort of ruined the whole effect for me. I thought, "That kid doesn't need food! He has spaghetti!" Then I realized I hadn't brought anything for dinner. My second thought was maybe he wasn't eating, maybe he was throwing the spaghetti up. In that case, he's wasting food! Why should we give him any if he's just going to waste it? I'm just saying I might have been more sympathetic to the campaign if they had a photo of some skinny Ethiopian looking kid.

I read an article online today that said a planned televisied Democratic presidential debate has been canceled today after candidates vowed to boycott the event rather than cross picket lines of striking Hollywood writers. I guess you have to assume that being Democrats, they would be sympathetic to any labor cause. Coincidentally, the headline right above it said that fireworks had broken out at the Rebublican debate. I guess we know who is on what side of the strike.

Why, oh why does nobody ever remind me it's Wednesday? With my weird schedule, I'm never sure what day it is. Here's the little guy getting his plate of Thanksgiving dinner:

6 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

And I don't watch TV shows with Republican in them anyways . . . if Patricia Heaton never shows up on another tv show and spends all her time picketing against cell stem research until she is run over by someone in a wheel chair suffering from Alzheimers, ALS or another of the myriad of diseases that would benefit from said research, I would be a happy woman

9:02 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Wally! I added the last of the stuffing to this week's dog stew, so when the dogs get fed twice a day, I think Thanksgiving!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Kings Fan said...

Re: Food drive - Sarcasmo stikes again!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

You gave your dog turkey, beans, potatos and stuffing drizzled with gravy? Damn...all I had was warmed over Kraft Dinner from 5 days earlier. :-(

11:26 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Awww, does Wally eat people food?

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At the hospital that employs me, we adopt needy pediatric patients. One year, I gave a kid a bunch of musical books and instruments only to find out later that he was deaf. I felt so effing bad that now, despite the laws against it, I take a peek at our kid's medical records to make sure I don't give something inappropriate.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home