Monday, December 31, 2007

I didn't get home until really late last night because for starters, my flight was delayed leaving Portland by half an hour. That wasn't too bad - we made up a lot of time in the air. However, once we landed, the baggage claim at LAX was a mess. I generally don't check baggage but because of Christmas and gifts and everything, I had to. I waited over an hour for my bags after watching about 90% of the people on my flight collect their baggage and happily go on their way. I finally went down to United's baggage center where the people were not very understanding. ("It says here the baggage for that flight was at carousel #4. Have you been to carousel #4?) Eventually, they told me my bags had just gone down the shoot - only an hour and 15 minutes after my flight landed - and they seemed unconcerned with the slowness and curious as to why I had gotten impatient. I was also starving, so after stopping to grab something to eat, going home and unpacking (I can't leave a bag unpacked), I didn't get to bed until after midnight. Then I worked 10 hours today. 10 very, very long hours.

Now, Wally and I are home relaxing. We have no plans for the evening but to stay inside and away from all the people flocking to Pasadena for the Rose Parade tomorrow. My plan is to get up tomorrow early enough to leave town while everyone is still at the parade (and thus, parked). For now, I'm getting ready to hit BestBuy.com to buy a TV.

Wally and I hope you all have a safe and sane New Year's. Here are our resolutions for the New Year:


EditThis's List
1. Eat healthier
2. Lose the 10 lbs I've gained since summer
3. Read more (it was a super slow reading year for me)
4. Go somewhere I've never been before
5. Take a snowboarding trip
6. Work out more often (see #2)
7. Write something that isn't this blog
8. Spend responsibly
9. Run another 5k and a 10k
10. Take care of my will

Wally's List
1. Be better about getting in the car, even if I don't want to
2. Do not eat my dinner while leaving my pills in the bowl untouched
3. Drink water without dragging it through the entire house
4. No more fleas this year!
5. Be cuter

7 Comments:

Blogger dnetrunner said...

Happy New Year, Sis!

Best of luck with your drinking problem, Wally (see #3) ;)

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wally's going to have trouble with #5.

Happy New Year!

12:53 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

I'm with lemaster on Wally's no. 5 - it's impossible for him to be cuter!

Good luck to both of you on accomplishing the rest of your resolutions!

(I can use your list as a back-up to mine . . .)

p.s. if you're buying the tv as a write off for 2007, I think you may have had to buy it by yesterday

7:07 AM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

I love Wally's list!

Happy New Year!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

Happy new year, Tiff & Wally!

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we checked best buy and circuit city and such before getting our TV for $400 less from costco.com the delivery guys were great and they have just about every brand. I love the 1080 sharp aquis. Good luck with the resolution. I am trying to do amny of the same things..

11:06 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Happy New Year, Tiffany and Wally!

And best of luck on your resolutions.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home