Sunday, December 30, 2007

I spent yesterday afternoon out at my dad's with my sister. He lives in a small outer suburb of Portland called Beavercreek. Because he has a small amount of property he is able to keep some animals. Besides Sara, his trusty Blue Heeler herding dog, he has two horses and about 13 head of sheep. It was too wet and cold for me to go visit the animals so I don't know if he still has chickens or any other animals left.

Yesterday evening I met up with my old friend, Melanie, and we grabbed some Mexican food then, inexplicably, went to Dairy Queen for sundaes. That's right - I had a stomach full of chips, salsa and quesidilla and topped it off with ice cream. I felt like I was going to hurl. Melanie looked great - she'd lost about 40-50 lbs since I last saw her in August. She had slipped or ruptured a disk in her back and had backed out of surgery a year ago opting to try and rehab it instead. Over time she received several epidurals for pain which she thinks may have also acted as an appetite supressant. She hadn't even been trying to diet! I wonder what I could do to hurt my back bad enough to score some epidurals...? Nah - I'm sure the pain wasn't worth it.

In case you've noticed the lack of photos with this post, it's the first official post from my iPhone. I'm sitting in Portland's airport waiting for my plane to board!

4 Comments:

Blogger dnetrunner said...

Welcome home, give my nephew a hug for me, hope he likes his goodies!

8:58 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

Happy New Years!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

does your dad raise the sheep for meat or wool?

6:21 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Netrunner - he LOVES his goodies! He says thank you to Uncle John.

Kat - You, too!

Diane - He raises them for meat. He said he gave all the wool to someone last time who wove it into yarn and made stuff with it.

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home