Friday, December 21, 2007

I realized today when I woke up this morning, sore again from snowboarding, that I'm getting old. I was quite an athletic kid, and I don't remember ever consciously thinking, "Whew! Man...I'm so tired. I got up at 6 to go to school, went to a two hour soccer practice, came home and rode bikes and played baseball in the street with my friends, did homework then got to bed late. And man am I sore from that volleyball during gym class!" No. I hardly recall being tired, fatigued or sore. But after boarding for several hours yesterday, I came home and couldn't do anything else productive with my day, took a long soak in a hot tub, went to bed early and woke up this morning with that thought running through my head: "I'm old."

If I were to slip in my kitchen tonight, hit my head, and die in a tragic slobber accident (that's what I'd be slipping on) I can only imagine what the CSI guys would come up with because of the bruises ALL over my body, either from boarding or from the wrist slash I took last week that left a bruise on my arm. "Jeez, Captain...she's clearly been abused. Look at all the bruising and the blunt force trauma to her ass!" At which point the experienced investigator would say, as he pulled off his mirrored glasses, "No...she's just a crappy old snowboarder."

Time to get to bed. Kickboxing class tomorrow. After which I will feel tired. And old.

5 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

Welcome to my world, Edit.

11:05 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I have to say that from my limited foray into snowboarding, I have never found anything else that made me so sore and left bruises in so many odd places. Surfing may be a close second though. No bruises from falling, but an upper body soreness that was deep down, and sore spots on your inner thighs from hanging them over the sides of the board for a couple hours at a time . . .

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't you remember training for basketball- running suicides under a certain time and running it again, wall sits and jumps and coming to school the next day with our thighs burning? I am talking Miss Nance here.

10:40 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I hate winter, so snowboarding isnt all that appealing, but you caught my eye with kickboxing. Do you recommend as a good workout? Or will it kill me?

7:30 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Jen - I do remember running 17s, and if one certain unpopular slow girl didn't make it in time, we ALL had to run it again. And I remember hating the wall sits. But I don't remember being regularly sore the next day. Or as is the case now, the next week.

Mishy - It is a GREAT workout. I highly recommend it.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home