Sunday, December 23, 2007

I stopped by my local Bank of America ATM this afternoon to deposit a paycheck and noticed that the ATMs had been replaced with newer models. I have to admit, the new ATMs are pretty cool. For starters, you no longer need an envelope to make a deposit which is a blessing in itself. All too many times the envelopes are all gone and I have to just shove my check through the slot and hope it makes it to my account. Now, there are two slots - one for cash and one for checks. You put your check in the check slot like you normally would (but sans the envelope) and it scans the check and is able to read the amount without you having to enter it on the keypad. When you get your receipt, there's a tiny scanned copy of the check there for you. For once, B of A has done something right. Now, if they could just turn down the volume on the ATM keypad so everyone in a one block vicinity doesn't know how may digits I'm taking out.

I had a party to go to tonight but I think I'm skipping out. There's just too much stuff to do. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that 3 hours in advance is enough time to get through the crazy lines at LAX tomorrow.

5 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Have a safe (and sane) trip home!

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just used one of those ATMs yesterday! Another guy and I had driven up to the drivethru at the same time and had gotten out of our cars looking for envelopes. We were both rather annoyed at the lack of envelopes as we got into our respective cars. Upon further inspection I noticed I didnt' need an envelope and I figured out that the check thingy was really pretty cool!
We both ended up leaving the drive thru at the same time going "HEY! Living in The Future is really cool afterall!"
Have a great trip! See you on the other side of Christmas.

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard about those ATMs. I can't wait to try them out! Have an awesome holiday! Hope to read your blog while you're away!

6:41 AM  
Blogger LA said...

We have a silent B of A ATM here in Seal Beach. Of course, it's otherwise completely old school. Like, if the one you just described is v. 8.0, the one in SB is probably v. 3.0. Win some, lose some.

Merry Christmas, Tiffany!

9:17 AM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

What would life be like without ATM's???

You only need about 15 minutes to get your ticket AND go through security at the Northwest Arkansas airport!

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home