Thursday, December 27, 2007

I saw my friend, Jennifer, yesterday. We had lunch then went back to her house to hang out. She told me how her husband, Mitch, has been playing Guitar Hero III but has been stuck on the Tom Morello guitar challenge for weeks and can't advance past it. He's been pretty frustrated because until you beat the challenge, you can't unlock more songs to play. I told her I had SO already beaten that challenge, so she asked if I could do it again so that Mitch could play more songs. After not playing the game for about a month or so, I was able to do it in two tries. And yes, I am proud of that! Apparently, Mitch was ecstatic when he got home. Jen also tried to get me to play Dance, Dance, Revolution which, I am proud to say, I suck at. I can't dance, so it doesn't surprise me that I'm no good at a game about dancing.

This morning, I went and met a friend for bagels, our usual meet up when I'm in town. It snowed again this morning, and it was the first time I've driven in snow in forever. At least it was melting as it hit the pavement.

My mom and I then ran over to the mall so she could look at the mattresses on sale at Macy's. As it turns out, the mattress she sleeps on is 30 years old (!!!). I can't believe she's been sleeping on that. I suppose at this point, anything will be an improvement for her.

This evening, my sister is coming over and we're going to make cranberry bread. My grandmother used to make it at this time of year and my sister has been doing it for ages to carry on with tradition. Every year, each of us gets a bag of cookies and cranberry bread. I wanted to take some home for a certain someone who is babysitting Wally while I'm gone, but she didn't have any extra, so she's going to show me how to make it. As it turns out, cranberries are hard to get ahold of right now. She called all over the place this morning and finally found a place that had one bag! Yummm...cranberry bread.

It is freezing cold here. Not literally, but pretty close. I think it's 36 degrees out right now. I kept complaining about being cold yesterday, so Jen gave me two Little Hotties hand packs which I opened up and put in my jeans pockets. I'd never used them before. I'll tell you, after a few hours, they got really hot and were still hot when I went to bed, so I threw them under the covers and they kept me warm there, too. I think I need a whole body suite stuffed with Little Hotties.

7 Comments:

Blogger Virtual Producer
Robert Riley
said...

The little hotties are cool.. We usea similar product when out in the field covering news stories in the winter. I never thought to use them to stay warm in bed!

Glad you are having a nice visit.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I totally dig Tom Morello - glad he's a challenge in video game form.

I tried out hand and foot warmers last year in Yellowstone, and have plenty more for this trip!

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh you didn't suck that bad at ddr. I have been doing it with Jo for the last few days and now I am sore. That is so pathetic. Thanks again for unlocking guitar hero. They sell lil hotties by the case at costco.

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We went through tons of hand warmers when I was working in production in Chicago. Gloves just weren't warm enough.
In other news: Great, now I'm craving cranberry bread.
Glad to hear you're kicking some Tom Morello Guitar ass.

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can use those hand warmers in the pockets of your snowboard gloves and in your snowboard boots. I feel sorry for whoever's not getting her/his request! :-)

6:14 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Sounds like you're having a really fun vacay.

8:33 AM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

Last night I played Rock Band Hero for the first time...OMG! It is so much fun! I think I'll need to get one for my Wii!

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home