Tuesday, January 01, 2008

I received a Christmas card in the mail from an old colleague who is very politically outspoken, and to be honest, a bit of a fanatic. On the outside of the envelope, along with the addresses, he had stamped, "Ron Paul '08." I'm not a terribly political person, and am especially not confrontational about my political beliefs, so I felt somewhat affronted by the ink stamp. Aside from the fact that I'm not a supporter of Ron Paul, I felt that putting the campaigning info on a Christmas envelope seemed inappropriate. Am I the only one who would find this annoying?

I managed to purchase my HDTV online last night before the tax deadline with a few hours to spare. This is the one I opted for. I'm happy to have the new TV, but am not looking forward to having to get my dish and DVR switched over to HD. I'm a big fan of the Tivo interface, but it seems that there is no HD Tivo box for Directv - only for Cable. Does anyone have the HD Tivo with Cable? And if so, how do you like it?

6 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

That would annoy me, too. I don't think holiday cards are the time or place to spread your political beliefs . . .

Nice TV! I too was shopping online yesterday for tax write offs . . . I have a sweet laptop coming my way . . .

6:11 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

I just have a regular HD DVR which works fine.

That envelope would annoy me too!!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah - the Xmas card bumper sticker was totally lame. BTW - cool TV! We switched to a HD MOXI box which has a very similar interface to TiVO.

7:35 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I'd be pissed at that envelope, too. It also makes me think Ron Paul is running his campaign like a pyramid scheme or a cult because what else could inspire someone to "spread the good word" through their holiday card? Sheesh!

Nice TV, congrats!

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have cable with dvr. It works great and you can pause tv and all that. You can also program it to record your favorite shows.

I don't like it when anyone pushes their politics. I do kinda like the grass roots campaigns vs. the big money ones though.

10:40 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Weird. I would find it strange to find political ads on any type of personal mail, but christmas cards just seem tacky.

I feel very uninformed. Who is Ron Paul?

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home